Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    go for it

also, write down the criteria you use
    It won't happen until this evening, once the sun comes up fully it's a long day of house and yard work.

Criteria for me is basically the eye test though, style, matchups, opponents, etc.

But when it comes to opponents, I also factor two things. Prime (I hate that boxrec will give a ****load of points to someone like Jeff Horn because he beat a past their prime Paq.) and if they're being ducked. Sor Rungvisai is in my top 10, but I bet he's going to have a hard time finding opponents unless he moves up to Bantamweight (I was hoping he would for the WBSS tournament. I've been dying to see him and Inoue go at it)

oh, and weights too. You'll notice Loma and Inoue in my top 5, those guys are basically fighting bigger men now. They're past the point of draining themselves and they're fighting at what is basically their walk around weight and embarrassing bigger men. Crawford too now that he's at WW. I don't rank people that I consider "weight cheats" (Inoue looked like a child in the ring against Mcdonnell)

Usyk wasn't in my top 5 until his masterclass performance yesterday. He was around 8 or 9 I believe. That performance blew me away more than the boxing lesson he gave Joe Joyce a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      It won't happen until this evening, once the sun comes up fully it's a long day of house and yard work.

Criteria for me is basically the eye test though, style, matchups, opponents, etc.

But when it comes to opponents, I also factor two things. Prime (I hate that boxrec will give a ****load of points to someone like Jeff Horn because he beat a past their prime Paq.) and if they're being ducked. Sor Rungvisai is in my top 10, but I bet he's going to have a hard time finding opponents unless he moves up to Bantamweight (I was hoping he would for the WBSS tournament. I've been dying to see him and Inoue go at it)

oh, and weights too. You'll notice Loma and Inoue in my top 5, those guys are basically fighting bigger men now. They're past the point of draining themselves and they're fighting at what is basically their walk around weight and embarrassing bigger men. Crawford too now that he's at WW. I don't rank people that I consider "weight cheats" (Inoue looked like a child in the ring against Mcdonnell)

Usyk wasn't in my top 5 until his masterclass performance yesterday. He was around 8 or 9 I believe. That performance blew me away more than the boxing lesson he gave Joe Joyce a couple years ago.
      Yeah I get that. Inoues win really did feel like a p4p moment and Usyks performance last night was very good against the best his division had to offer. Lets see how his journey unfold because he beats 90% of heavies too on last night's evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Yeah I get that. Inoues win really did feel like a p4p moment and Usyks performance last night was very good against the best his division had to offer. Lets see how his journey unfold because he beats 90% of heavies too on last night's evidence.
        I mentioned in another thread that I think he beats 100% of heavies. I think Wider has the "punchers chance" but that's it. If I'm Usyk, I take the HW "tuneup" against Bellew, then I face AJ (Usyk becomes #1 contender for the WBO once he announces his move to HW)

So that will give AJ three options. Fight Wilder, Fight Usyk, or drop the title. I'd fight Wilder lol. AJ vs Usyk looks a lot like Usyk vs Joyce a few years ago.

Comment

I have some updates to make. My last list:

1. Vasiliy Lomachenko
          2. Terrence Crawford
          3. Gennady Golovkin
          4. Sergey Kovalev
          5. Anthony Joshua
          6. Oleksandr Usyk
          7. Naoya Inoue
          8. Sor Rungvisai
          9. Juan Francisco Estrada
          10. Murat Gassiev

Now it looks like:

1. Gennady Golovkin
          2. Vasily Lomachenko
          3. Terrence Crawford
          4. Canelo Alvarez
          5. Anthony Joshua
          6. Oleksandr Usyk
          7. Naoya Inoue
          8. Sor Rungvisai
          10. Murat Gassiev

Koavlev drops out due to his loss, Canelo makes a return after his ban and terrific performance ,GGG should be the rightful winner and showed everything a great fighter should, so goes top.

Comment

My current 2019 standings

A lot has changed since the last time I put up a list...yet a lot still remains the same. The upper crust of boxing is still the upper crust, corruption in the US still rains supreme but we have bright sparks like Inoue and Usyk's exceptional decision to move up, even if he is yet to fight a top opponent. So here goes:

My previous list -

1. Gennady Golovkin
            2. Vasily Lomachenko
            3. Terrence Crawford
            4. Canelo Alvarez
            5. Anthony Joshua
            6. Oleksandr Usyk
            7. Naoya Inoue
            8. Sor Rungvisai
            10. Murat Gassiev

My current list -

1. Vasiliy Lomachenko
            2. Gennady Golovkin
            3. Canelo Alvarez
            4. Terrence Crawford
            5. Naoya Inoue
            6. Oleksandr Usyk
            7. Anthony Joshua
            8. Juan Francisco Estrada
            9. Sor Rungvisai
            10. Artur Beterbiev

Gassiev drops out for being inactive for a year or more according to my rules.

Lomachenko overtakes GGG for unifying and defending his divisional belts while GGG shows signs of slipping from his peak.

Alvarez and Crawford exchange places, the former won a title at yet another division, even if it wasn't against the best fighter, while the latter has wasted a year.

Inoue and Usyk both jump above Joshua, but the latter can still rise a place if he beats Ruiz, especially if it looks impressive.

Estrada and Rungvisai is a straight swap after their fight.

Comment

Working...
            X