No announcement yet.

New tuner tonight/tomorrow for Fight Night Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tuner tonight/tomorrow for Fight Night Champion

so tuner tonight and still going to be another patch coming later. Info here:

Thanks to the community for their patience as the development team looks to launch another Tuner Set overnight tonight. With all the feedback we've received, the team hopes that this latest TS will help improve the gameplay experience. Please use this thread to provide any feedback after you have given the TS a full test drive both online and offline. And when providing your feedback, we appreciate you stating if your experience is in the online environment or offline. Thank you in advance for staying on topic in this thread and avoiding any non-constructive comments.

Tuner Set Details:

1. Changed the speed at which boxers can throw multiple jabs.
    2. Slightly reduced the power of the light jab.
    3. Slightly increased the stamina loss when repeating punches with the same hand.
    4. Increased the base Chin rating for created boxers – so new boxers are less susceptible to being stunned.
    5. Adjustment to Boxer Toughness and Boxer Power at when Stamina is low: tired fighters are more susceptible to punch damage and able to do less damage.

The team continues to work on the second Title Update, so please continue to provide your feedback in the official thread here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5557268.page

Thoughts on new tuner?

So far its ok, pretty good actually, still don't think its as good as the game was originally. It doesn't address the runners, but other than that, the fights have been more competitive. You can't really win by Spamming jabs, but you can jab your way to victory pretty easily. Move and Jab, Move and Jab. 1/2 combos are hard to stop. Its hard to beat someone who does that on the scorecard, but at least you have a 1/2 a chance now.

The other punches aren't worthless now, they just don't score enough to beat someone who's jabbing you to death on the scorecard.

No 1pko (maybe in the patch) brutality is increased but not the beautiful thing it once was. So much for the MA rating. Might as well edit out the fbombs in the story mode and it can be a teen game, why have a mature game and then clean it up, seems like if you were going to do that, shouldn't have alienated the 17&under crowd in the first place.

This will get me playing again, but I still want
    1pko (its advertised, i paid for it)
    authentic brutality (its advertised, I paid for it)
    4 quadrant stamina (They said it was going to be in the game, but never advertised it, so i won't ***** too much here)
    Diagnal Movement or some kind of stamina drain for excessive running.

Comment

I haven't played yet since the PSN network is down.

I think some of those other things will come in the next patch (1 punch KO's), at least that's what I read online.

So overall would you say it's A LOT better or only a little better?

Comment

I'd say alot better, but i really disliked the last tuner, I think the game was better in its original form (i still think it needed improvements in the areas we talked about before) but this tuner is a dramatic improvement from the last tuner, the game is fun again.

However, alot of people are throwing one twos, then moving out, running away, then moving in, repeat. But you can still catch them and stun them occasionally, and you can jab your way to get inside sometimes so its a little better.

still have runners though

Comment

I agree pre-First Tuner the game was near perfect. And they fuuucked it all up!

so that's good to hear it's a big improvement.

I've always done a lot of 1-2's myself but I mix it up and brawl at times. Not sure what they can do about runners, unless they somehow fatigue you heavily for running (without ruining the rest of the game).

It seems clear that when they adjust one thing it can open up another can of worms. I think that's exactly what happened with the first tuner. Their intentions were right, but they over did too many things at once and of course that just made for a whole new list of exploits to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I agree pre-First Tuner the game was near perfect. And they fuuucked it all up!

so that's good to hear it's a big improvement.

I've always done a lot of 1-2's myself but I mix it up and brawl at times. Not sure what they can do about runners, unless they somehow fatigue you heavily for running (without ruining the rest of the game).

It seems clear that when they adjust one thing it can open up another can of worms. I think that's exactly what happened with the first tuner. Their intentions were right, but they over did too many things at once and of course that just made for a whole new list of exploits to appear.
            I really think the problem is the community on the EA forums. They're pationate about the game, however, they're a little more passionate about winning, so if they're not winning with tactics used in round 3 or 4, there must be something wrong with the game right? Games they sent huge wishlists of improvements over.
            The only people *****ing about the 1pko were people who only care about their records, people who jabbed and ran up to 100wins 0-5losses. They didn't like the idea if they got caught they could lose.

1pko's were frustrating at times, but they also added so much excitement, i'd rather be excited about playing a game then have a good record.

The first tuner was an attempt to fix a problem that did exist (the perfect block spam) and i think if they would have just removed that, things might have been fine. Body Spammers still would have to fear the 1 punch ko, and runners just have to be cornered and hope for the miracle punch or to wear them down.

Instead, they decided to try to fix all kinds of things that weren't broken, but people who weren't winning fights were complaining about. ALot of these people bought xp and maxed out their dudes to have an advantage cause they're not too good at the game. then when peoples xp caught up, and they started losing, it must be something with the game...

The tuner is good. Its a huge improvement, but the game is still a B to B- when it used to be an A-

With the first tuner, it was about a D to D+

Comment

yep, I agree. I loved the 1 punch KO.

I didn't think it was broken at all. I mean there must be a reason why I scored a lot of 1 punch ko's but rarely ever got 1 punch ko'd myself. maybe cuz I wasn't fighting like an idiot!

I remember having 25 fights one night. I went 24-1. I scored about 18 1 punch KO's. and I lost one fight by KO. So yeah, there was a method. You come in stupid and get countered hard, that's when the 1 punch KO happened.

Of course, every now and then there would be stupid KO like a punch that doesn't look that hard and that's when it was frustrating. But for me in my personal experience it was pretty rare.

The EA forum are a bunch of twats mainly. Complaining about everything. They definitely listened to them too much.

Comment

The problem with this game is the Auto-Block. As long as they dont remove it there's always gonna be issues with this game.The blocking system was ok in round 3 ( yes , the parry system wasnt that great but still better than auto-block) and good in round 4 , i just dont know why they decided to let the AI decide what punches are being blocked......They need to stop dumbing down games ...

Comment

I think the autoblok was their original attempt to stop the spam.
                  I liked just blocking up and down rather than have the 4 corners to block. the 4 block zone was too easy to jab spam.

I think the autoblock was also used to they could punch out of the block (they took that away though)

Comment

Whhaaaa... from the grave!!! NEW TUNER!!?!! When does the PSN network come online?

To be honest I've deleted all the data that I've gathered to far to see if i could delete the path fix...sorry I got desperate...

I honestly an on the very of DL the demo and playing that :P

Comment

Working...
                    X