No announcement yet.

Canelo-Jacobs: 170 pound rehydration clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Haha so Canelo doesnt want to face the best version of Jacobs, if he wins the win is less relevant, only GGG beat the best version of Jacobs. Peoples champ vs manufactured fake champ and diva.
    in my opinion Jacob's beat ggg and no I'm not a ggg or Jacob's fan

Comment

Again you are wrong.

IBF Abolishes Second Weigh-in For Unification Bouts

https://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-abol...-bouts--119702
      Jacobs agreed to it.

If you agree to it thats on your ass. I've said the same thing a million times for & against the same guys cuz Floyd, Canelo & Manny all have been on both sides of this type of sh^t. Probably many others been on both sides of it in less high profile fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        So they're gonna try to kill my boy on the scales smh
        Your boy can weigh 170 in the morning and gain another 6 pounds by fight time. Isn't 176 pounds enough weight for a middleweight to weigh?

Comment

Again you are wrong.

IBF Abolishes Second Weigh-in For Unification Bouts

https://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-abol...-bouts--119702
          I forgot about the unification rules were changed. Good catch. This is unnecessary.

Comment

I have never seen anyone criticized for putting weight on from weigh-in to fight as Canelo is. According to g's fans, Canelo is basically a light heavyweight. Now, that there is a rehydration clause, apparently Canelo is a small middleweight. Haters just can't make up their mind.

Still, the fact remains, I will bet all my points that Canelo wins. And no one on here, NO ONE, will bet on Danny. Everyone knows Jacobs isn't elite. He just isn't. He got schooled by g, and g is recovering from reconstructive plastic surgery he needed following a fight against Canelo.

Jermall Charlo is the best at 160. He has been Canelo's mandatory since Canelo won the 160 belts he has now. He is undefeated. He is too long, skilled, and powerful for Canelo. If Canelo ever mans up, I will bet everything on Jermall. But, Canelo will vacate before facing Jermall. If not one person, on this site will bet on a fighter, that shows what people who follow boxing know. That Danny has no chance. He was lucky to get the decision over Derev, and Derev is no world beater. In fact, Jacobs was Derev's first and only top 25 opponent.

The only question for this fight is, will Canelo win by ko, tko, or decision? I think Canelo will ease up and cruise the last few rounds, allowing Jacobs to make it the distance. Which Jacobs and his fans will consider a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Shouldn't be a issue
              Agree. I don't see this fight being decided by weight & 10lbs is a reasonable amount to rehydrate. Not too much, not too little.

Comment

Two rehydration clauses in a row for Cinnamon. Stupid.......

Comment

Haha so Canelo doesnt want to face the best version of Jacobs, if he wins the win is less relevant, only GGG beat the best version of Jacobs. Peoples champ vs manufactured fake champ and diva.
                  It's not a special Canelo rule. It's an IBF rule and Jacobs is an IBF champion. They are fighting for each other's belts and for Canelo to win Jacobs's IBF belt IBF rules must be followed by both boxers. It's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    It's not a special Canelo rule. It's an IBF rule and Jacobs is an IBF champion. They are fighting for each other's belts and for Canelo to win Jacobs's IBF belt IBF rules must be followed by both boxers. It's fair.
                    It's not the IBF rule for unifications

Comment

There were rumors GGG ended up in hospital after the Jacobs fight, he was basically fighting a cruiserweight. Loeffler had some serious questions to answer putting GGG at risk at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X