Collapse
No announcement yet.

If wilder loses to fury will he retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need fo r wilder to retire he's not grant. Wilder has get out of jail power. So he can stop opponents fast so he doesn't have to receive punishment round after round, fight after fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lolasif View Post
      It may depend on if he remains a draw after losing, but if someone becomes undisputed, a belt or two will undoubtedly be vacated as the mandatories pile up, so he can definitely pick up a belt again.
      I'm not so sure about belts being vacated but I can see what you mean.

Povetkin fulfilled Joshua's WBA and WBO obligations. When the division starts to bottle neck with contenders, I think that we will see a lot of the same rankings within each division.

Hypothetically, if Joshua becomes undisputed and fights twice a year, he could fight 2 combination defences year after year.

I could be wrong though. I suppose we need the fight to happen first! With Wilder publically admitting that he is avoiding Joshua, Fury needs to beat Wilder (again) and bring the strap back to England.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Even if Fury wasn't knocked down in the final round they would still score it a draw. These judges have a way of writing their scorecard to suit the scoring that is required.
        i dunno the thinking behind a draw is getting caught cold twice. Thats bad defence, which is bad boxing, especially against a flailer.
        I am not sure he got stitched up outright.

That said, its even quite possible we got stitched up by both parties so that they could have a second helping of the pie.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 12-31-2018, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Fury's people are obviously concerned with Deontay Wilder. They don't want an immediate return rematch with him. They are worried about Fury because they don't want no smoke from the "Bronze Bomber" Deontay Wilder at this time.
          Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
          100% this. Fury didn't expect that fight to be as tough as it was. Wilder almost knocked him cold and put him in a coma, they never thought Fury could be knocked down so brutally. Look how excited Fury was after the fight, almost like he was just happy to walk out of that ring alive. I believe Fury and his team fear for his life in a rematch. They want no part of it.
          Are you guys serious? Fury rolled off the couch and completely schooled that bum despite being at 60%.

The only reason that Wilder managed to get a couple of knockdowns was due to Tyson getting too confident, and he still dominated the rounds anyway.

Fury will be fitter going into a rematch. Fury knocks him out this time. Easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
            Are you guys serious? Fury rolled off the couch and completely schooled that bum despite being at 60%.

The only reason that Wilder managed to get a couple of knockdowns was due to Tyson getting too confident, and he still dominated the rounds anyway.

Fury will be fitter going into a rematch. Fury knocks him out this time. Easy work.
            If you only land one or two shots more per round, I don't understand how it is a landslide victory like so many think? I do understand the hate Wilder gets, so I will attribute it to that. Two knock downs and the last 9 out of 10 refs would have called a KO. Guess what, don't be surprised when Wilder KO's Fury in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              If you only land one or two shots more per round, I don't understand how it is a landslide victory like so many think? I do understand the hate Wilder gets, so I will attribute it to that. Two knock downs and the last 9 out of 10 refs would have called a KO. Guess what, don't be surprised when Wilder KO's Fury in the rematch.
              If Wilder couldn't KO that version of Fury he has no chance in a rematch.

90% of the boxing industry and fans had Fury winning the fight, he should be the WBC champion right now.

I don't hate Wilder, I'm just telling it how it is.

Comment

If Wilder couldn't KO that version of Fury he has no chance in a rematch.

90% of the boxing industry and fans had Fury winning the fight, he should be the WBC champion right now.

I don't hate Wilder, I'm just telling it how it is.
                If what Wilder said was true about him not being able to spar much because he broke his arm 12 weeks earlier, I can see why he was hesitant to throw the right. He will throw it with more confidence, and hopefully go to the body early and often. Can't miss that. Also like I said, 9 out of 10 refs would have stopped that fight, and we wouldn't be debating who won. It would be just like the Ortiz KO.

Comment

If what Wilder said was true about him not being able to spar much because he broke his arm 12 weeks earlier, I can see why he was hesitant to throw the right. He will throw it with more confidence, and hopefully go to the body early and often. Can't miss that. Also like I said, 9 out of 10 refs would have stopped that fight, and we wouldn't be debating who won. It would be just like the Ortiz KO.
                  Yeah, and also according to Wilder, Fury put a gypsy curse on him, gtfo with that bull****, Wilder was throwing his right hand all night.

Fury is just a superior boxer to Wilder with superior skills.

Comment

Yeah, and also according to Wilder, Fury put a gypsy curse on him, gtfo with that bull****, Wilder was throwing his right hand all night.

Fury is just a superior boxer to Wilder with superior skills.
                    My point is that so was Ortiz. How many ref's keep counting after 4 or 5 until a guy wakes up after landing like Fury did?

Comment

My point is that so was Ortiz. How many ref's keep counting after 4 or 5 until a guy wakes up after landing like Fury did?
                      It's irrelevant, Fury obviously wasn't that hurt because he got up and proceeded to dominate the rest of the round, and hurt Wilder during the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X