No announcement yet.

The Golovkin and Spence Fanclub...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golovkin and Spence Fanclub...

Simple question - especially aimed at Golovkin fans but open to all. Do you like Errol Spence or consider yourself a fan?
    Like neither
    5.26%
    Like both
    73.68%
    Like Spence not Golovkin
    15.79%
    Like Golovkin not Spence
    5.26%

If this thread was meant to prove something you shouldn't have named it "The Golovkin and Spence fanclub" because the majority of fans that aren't fans of both are not going to bother with it.

Comment

dunno who he is

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        If this thread was meant to prove something you shouldn't have named it "The Golovkin and Spence fanclub" because the majority of fans that aren't fans of both are not going to bother with it.
        You are perfectly correct. I am happy to change the title if we can agree on something more appropriate...

Umm... can you change thread titles on here?

And of course it was meant to prove a point - why the fuck else would I start a poll on something that I otherwise genuinely don't give a fuck about..
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I like them both. I think Spence is experiencing some of what Golovkin experienced in the early part of his career; in regards to being avoided by much of the top tier opposition. Spence is definitely in a better position, however, and didn't have to through Universum (I think that was the name) like issues as Golovkin did. Both do really good body work and work off the jab. Spence appears more responsible, defensively, though. I think in the same way that Canelo waited for the right time to fight Golovkin, Thurman may wait for the right time to fight Spence. Both also want to be undisputed in their division.

From what I've seen, though, Spence's team didnt build up Errol to the point in which they staryed saying he beats nearly everyone from one division down to two divisions up. If I remember right, Gennady's team made that claim a number of times but never came about to proving it and likely never will.

But, overall, I dont see any reason not to like either of these guys. I may not agree or like all of their fans, but that shouldn't always be a reflection of the fighter themself.

Comment

I like Spence. You can see him getting better in every fight. I thought he was a little too mechanical when I first started watching him. Now he's really putting his punches together. He's patient. He's getting slightly better defensively. He'll be a problem against anyone moving forward.

I've never been a fan of Golovkin, but I never considered myself a hater. He looked great against mediocre opponents and got the reputation of being a monster. I think he's a solid fighter but has flaws so I never bought into the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              So, I take it you like both? Since you bothered with it

Welcome to the club, bro

Comment

There's no reason to not like both fighters. They both have fan-friendly styles, skill, punching power and seem like decent people outside the ring. You would have to have some kind of agenda to dislike either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  There's no reason to not like both fighters. They both have fan-friendly styles, skill, punching power and seem like decent people outside the ring. You would have to have some kind of agenda to dislike either guy.
                  Pretty much this. I honestly can't think of any good reason not to like 'em both.

Comment

I am a huge fan of both boxers. I have been a fan since the first time I saw them fight just as I have always been a huge Canelo fan. Those are my 3 favorite boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X