No announcement yet.

Repair or Replace?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    The red dot you speak of occurs when the hard drive is not properly inserted. It's not a hardware malfunction or console failure of any sort and is easily fixed by a quick reinsertion of the drive.

In rare cases you get a red dot due to insufficient ventilation (if you're a ****** and cover the vent) in which case the console protects itself from overheating by turning itself off.
    OK so no well looked after slim 360s ever break and red dot is that what you're saying??? There's a crap load of youtube videos that say otherwise.

Comment

Any console can break, even well maintained ones. What I'm saying is that since Microsoft introduced the slim models the reports of malfunctioning units have dropped significantly. Only ignorant Sony fanboys who buy into the "console wars" mentality think otherwise.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the amount of youtube videos where users have broken 360s. Like I said, any console with moving parts is susceptible to malfunctions, even the PS3 YLODs. A lot of these users I've seen on youtube with videos of broken consoles (Microsoft and Sony alike) keep their consoles in confined areas with insufficient air exchange, so I can't really feel bad for some ****** who sets his Wii ontop of his 360 cooling vent and then wonders why it's broken.

(I literally saw that.)

The same thing applies to other console users who don't properly care for their consoles and then ***** when they break. My brother-in-law's PS3 broke just a few months after he bought it, and it's no ****ing wonder : All he did was play it. He never even bothered to dust around it, so the fan ended up getting blocked and it fried on him.

Take care of your consoles and they'll take care of you.
      Last edited by ßringer; 08-29-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X