Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Plans To Weigh About 270 Pounds For Rematch With Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    If you believe that he is not concerned with getting KOd using the formula from the last fight there is no hope for you. Guy literally said he doesn't remember getting dropped or getting up.
    Lots of fighters say that, some id the forget the whole fight. Point is he won the rest of the round and talked hes usual **** in the interview. Furys strength is hes movement, you think he wants an extra stone on him against a good puncher, wake up. I suppose you believe he's going into MMA too yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      He sure hasnt looked the same in his last 2 fights. In fact hes looked like a shell of himself.
      The first fight was a 2 round blowout as far as i remember. As for Wallin, hes a young big guy with energy, Fury fought through a terrible cut, and let's face it, he obviously expected a knockover job. Wilders learned nothing, you could see that in Ortiz 2.Remember Tyson knocking people out while Holyfield struggled with little old Bobby? Did it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        What about Hughie, i think he just ignored the UKAD completely and went on to fight Parker for a world title without any punishment.
        The case of Hughie Fury vs. UKAD only further points to corruption. Like you noticed, Hughie got his lawyers to temporarly lift his suspension and fought for a world-title ( WBO ) vs. Parker and then Hughie later accepted a back-dated-ban, the same one that UKAD offered Tyson.

So Hughie's career was never affected by a 'Back-dated-ban' -- wait a minute? How you get a back-dated-ban when you never really was serving a ban? UKAD IS A JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
          Yes Fury is very tall indeed and can weight that much. While Wilder is very thin at 220 but full of energy.
          Full of energy until about round 6 then he fades. Wilder does not have great stamina and as long as fury doesn't get too conservative. Comfortable.

Comment

I hope this isn't another Andy Ruiz outcome. Gaining weight could help him, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? We all know he was robbed in their first fight. The added weight could be a hindrance and take away from his agility. Against Wilder, you have to keep moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
              Although I can see the rationalé behind what Fury is saying, unfortunately, it was the same philosophy that Ruiz Jr was espousing before his rematch with A.J.

Fury is a huge guy, and I reckon his fighting weight ought never to exceed 250.

It's called a fighting weight for a reason.

For Fury, who is a boxer, who likes to stick and move, doesn't have much of an inside game, his weight is going to be a disadvantage unless he plans to switch from boxing to power punching - which is unlikely at the stage of his career.

He might be feeling comfortable during camp, but that's also not good, because camp should be hell.

It's a time when you push your body to its absolute limits - as the fight is just the performance, the result of what's been achieved in the gym.
              ——-

Truer words have never been spoken.
              I see Fury giving the same BS excuse Andy Ruiz have after getting beaten.
              These guys never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                I hope this isn't another Andy Ruiz outcome. Gaining weight could help him, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? We all know he was robbed in their first fight. The added weight could be a hindrance and take away from his agility. Against Wilder, you have to keep moving.
                I'm guessing it will be. Gaining weight and taking on a new trainer on short notice are bad signs. I think he plans on trying to end it early, but isn't going to be prepared to go a full 12 rounds.

Comment

I have learnt not to predict Fury from his Speeches. He says one thing and does another.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I'm guessing it will be. Gaining weight and taking on a new trainer on short notice are bad signs. I think he plans on trying to end it early, but isn't going to be prepared to go a full 12 rounds.
                    If he doesn't end it early it's gonna be a long night for him or a short night.

Comment

Working...
                    X