No announcement yet.

Winning Boxing Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Unfortunately it's probably the most expensive place to buy them too.
    You can get the MS600's on other sites for maybe 10 bucks less, then you run into the problem of voided warranty and maybe just not getting them or getting a knockoff. Didn't even check shipping. A lot of places sell the item cheaper then get you with shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      You can get the MS600's on other sites for maybe 10 bucks less, then you run into the problem of voided warranty and maybe just not getting them or getting a knockoff. Didn't even check shipping. A lot of places sell the item cheaper then get you with shipping.
      Lately Ive been going the Ebay route. Usually a warranty and/or Paypal buy protection at least.

Comment

Winning is far the best. I've been using Rival and really like them too cause one of the gyms I frequent is sponsored by them. Have a pair of Everlast MX for training that are great, even like them better than Reyes.

Comment

Winning are very good but overpriced imo. If I see people in the gym with Winning gloves they are usually people with more money than sense, using them for bagwork! Absolutely no need to be buying Winning gloves unless you are a dedicated boxer who can make good use of them. I have never paid more than £100 for a pair of gloves

Comment

Look into Ringside gloves if they're still around. Quality stuff.........Rockin'

Comment

At 41 i'm getting back into boxing and really going at it hard, but only as a hobby and way of maintaining fitness / stopping myself going mental. I've never sparred before instead just focussing on form, shadow work, and lots of heavy bag. I recently suffered sore knuckles on my lead hand from the latter, and read that getting better gloves would protect them. Do you think it's worth investing in a pair of Winning 16oz gloves, pretty much solely for this function?

TBH i could run to the cost, as i have thrown myself into the sport, and train 6 days a week, but i'm wary of looking like a weekend warrior in the gym with all the gear but no idea

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                Winning are very good but overpriced imo. If I see people in the gym with Winning gloves they are usually people with more money than sense, using them for bagwork! Absolutely no need to be buying Winning gloves unless you are a dedicated boxer who can make good use of them. I have never paid more than £100 for a pair of gloves
                heh, that pretty much answers my question.

But what if you've had damaged knuckles from cheaper gloves? Winning's rep is that they are the best protection for gloves on the market, no? If you can afford them, why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Godwinson View Post
                  heh, that pretty much answers my question.

But what if you've had damaged knuckles from cheaper gloves? Winning's rep is that they are the best protection for gloves on the market, no? If you can afford them, why not.
                  I think damaging the hands typically arises from poor technique or bad wrapping or overuse or bad genetics, but not ****ty gloves. If your hands are irreparably damaged and you want to keep boxing, then buy whatever you think you need...

Too many people saying, 'I have brittle hands', etc., without understanding how they got that way. For starters, if it really is a genetic predisposition, then aren't you in the wrong game??? I can't believe that so many people use this line of excuse. Could it not be something more simple, like nutrition? Calcium-deficiency, for example? Or poor technique? I truly believe that if you learn how to punch right, progress at an appropriate pace, and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY then most people should not have issues that warrant purchasing such expensive boxing gloves as Winning. That's just my opinion but ask most knowledgable boxing guys, they will say similar things I think - the brand of boxing glove is way down the list of factors in keeping the hands healthy

Buy whatever gloves make you happy, speak to people at the club whose opinion you respect

Comment

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
                    I didn't realize the name change. I miss McNulty!!!

Comment

I've heard Sabas gloves are similar to Winning at lower cost. there is a video on youtube comparing the two.

I think the right glove will help protect your hands better on the heavy bag. Problem is that you really need to try them on and try them out to see if they are better or worse. Everyone's hands and style is different. Kinda tough without actually buying them.

On a side note, endless rounds of power shots daily on the heavy bag will eventually make your hands sore. I only do heavy bag 2-3 times a week and if my hands are sore will fore go for a different exercise.

Comment

Working...
                      X