No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    This is not exactly true(and tbh is a bit short sighted)if they wanted to look like the good guys and also knew there was noway of this fight happening right now then they could play to the media..It will also not truth that the public is knowing,rather a convenient story to make them self's look good..I'm not saying GBP did this or that they did not have intentions of making this fight happen...All I'm saying is GBP has been known to do this,put details of contracts in the public to make it seem like they did nothing wrong..They did the same with Khan Peterson's first nego and that was a horrible contract they tried to sell as a good one and Peterson should have been happy..Yet when you read the fine print it came with Khan's d1ck attach
    You know in the boxing world these guys are privy to a lot of info,and easy for Richard to find out that Arum was leading Donaire in another direction..So why not release this to the press..A lot of politics in boxing bro..
    I think they handle this perfectly! We the fans need to know what really is going on behind close doors eespcially when you are dealing with Bob Arum, Nonito was chatting on twitter 2 days ago and dared GBP to produce a copy of the contract, they just done that so I don't care if they are playing the press. In fact I want them to play the press because it means we would know who is ruining a fight from happening.

Comment

Nonito Donaire Jr. ‏@filipinoflash

too bad more boxing fans aren't looking at the fine lines they put in there. Lem will have the story.

it should be good Donaire coz your manager and Arum making you look like fool.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        but who knows what kind of contractual obligations Donaire has with his sponsers. maybe he isn't able to dump them for a fight. all I'm saying is I don't trust Schaefer and I'm sure some kind of hang up is in there. it's just a PR stunt
        Sponsor obligations? I'll give you that. So if that is the case, and the hang-up, then why would Donaire say that he didnt receive a contract? and say it was a simple letter? Why not say "i have contractual obligations with my sponsors"

This is a fight he has been begging for, and it is being offered to him, and the only thing he can say is "i didnt receive anything"? Who is really pulling the PR stunt? GBP freaking sent him a contract! If its a PR stunt then sign it and then sue them for not following through!

Comment

People are in all their rights to blame Arum but what makes yall think this is solely not happening cause of him? How do you know Donaire wants it? Just cause he was talking smack on Twitter? This is the same guy that was lying about GBP not sending a contract when Dunkin AND Arum verified that they actually did send. Then he claims that Dunkin told him it was a letter but here we have the proof that it WAS a legit contract.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Are they really taking a risk though? They never broke any laws. They are expecting the press and the readers to take it all as face value. That is why they offered so much money in the first place. They know they cannot work with Bob Arum. They know Bob would never, under any circumstances, give up control of a burgeoning PPV star.

What is the motivation behind all this? I have no idea. Maybe Mare's himself is pressing them to make the fight and they can show him some type of "Look here see what we did?" kind of deal.

I remember the trade they initially proposed. It was to Offer Matthysse for Rios and Mares for Donaire. Considering Bob has the two higher profile and popular fighters (not necessarily better fighters), they placed Bob as the man taking all the risks. You would think they would have offered Danny Garcia for Rios, to make it even, but they didn't.
            So you are basically saying GBP would like to make the fight but they know Arum wouldn't? If so am glad they expose Arum again, we need more playing the press like this one.

Comment

I dont undersatnd how some can be defending this with excuse after excuse. The letter, as nonito said, is right in front of you. So thats BS. Doesnt want togo to showtime? Didnt see that in contract but like nonito said who cares about money if its for legacy but i guess that doesnt matter to him either. He gots rigo next. Really cause i havent seen thy signed but hopefully this is that straw. He cont fight in june cause hes havig baby? Biggest payday, new child, and potential for more money if he wins! Yeah those arent reasons to take it?!

Its as simple as reading the contract that top rank screwed us all and nonito is another puppet with a tart wife as Arum would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I think they handle this perfectly! We the fans need to know what really is going on behind close doors eespcially when you are dealing with Bob Arum, Nonito was chatting on twitter 2 days ago and dared GBP to produce a copy of the contract, they just done that so I don't care if they are playing the press. In fact I want them to play the press because it means we would know who is ruining a fight from happening.
                I completely agree. Good post!

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
                  Nonito Donaire Jr. ‏@filipinoflash

too bad more boxing fans aren't looking at the fine lines they put in there. Lem will have the story.

it should be good Donaire coz your manager and Arum making you look like fool.
                  First he said it was a letter. Now he is saying it is indeed a contract but look at the fine lines... Which one is it?

And i agree with one of the other posters, Donaire wins this fight, so it inst a duck. But if you are begging for a f***ing fight, and said fight is offered, then you negotiate the fight. You dont disregard the ordeal all together, and you CERTAINLY dont pretend the offer never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    But even this is not all the details..This is a press release for somebody to look good..There is always two sides of a story..

I really don't believe it's as cut and dry as Arum don't want Donaire to mix it up with Mares..There is behind the scene money and control that's playing a part..I remember everyone saying Bradley was a fool for not taking Khan's 2m dollar offer..The same with Peterson,and most of the site was in agreement that both these fighters should have bent the knee to GBP and Khan..Yet both went on to make better deals,Peterson got more money to fight Khan on his terms,Bradley got far more money to fight Casamayor and Pac..Sometimes business is not so cut and dry,is all I'm saying...I'm a believer that nego should stay behind close doors,nothing good really ever comes from putting stuff in the media...

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      People are in all their rights to blame Arum but what makes yall think this is solely not happening cause of him? How do you know Donaire wants it? Just cause he was talking smack on Twitter? This is the same guy that was lying about GBP not sending a contract when Dunkin AND Arum verified that they actually did send. Then he claims that Dunkin told him it was a letter but here we have the proof that it WAS a legit contract.
                      Interesting.......

Comment

Working...
                      X