Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter is Firm That 'Tremendous' Errol Spence Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope the winner of this bout backs up their talk with unification during the first quarter of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Seriously, Spence was right that Porter only mentions fighting him when he has a fight lined up. Like clockwork. Kenny tried to have him say BS like he isn't even ranked in the top 15 of the IBF as if that matters. Spence defended his belt against Peterson in a voluntary defense. He could have fought Porter in another voluntary defense in June as his mandatory defense wasn't called yet. Now, I don't blame Porter for waiting it out as he was the next man up for the WBC title, but I want this same energy if both guys are able to get by the Garcia's.
      I kind have to agree with you here. Kenny was also on some "we already had the IBF belt, so we don't need it anymore". Obviously, the green belt holds a bit more prestige than the IBF but Shawn is definitely not at a level where he can raise his nose at any of the 4 major belts.

I can't knock a fighter to have supreme confidence in himself (it's a must) but Shawn and Kenny have really been "feelin' themselves" a bit ever since they got the fight with Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
        I kind have to agree with you here. Kenny was also on some "we already had the IBF belt, so we don't need it anymore". Obviously, the green belt holds a bit more prestige than the IBF but Shawn is definitely not at a level where he can raise his nose at any of the 4 major belts.

I can't knock a fighter to have supreme confidence in himself (it's a must) but Shawn and Kenny have really been "feelin' themselves" a bit ever since they got the fight with Danny.
        If Spence had the WBC, they would be after the IBF or WBA. That is a bad excuse. Then Shawn said the reason I don't mention Spence is because he just got to the scene now and four years ago it was guys like Danny and Keith he was after. Well, that's good and dandy, but after the fight against Danny, should you win, then no excuses not to call for the Spence fight.

Comment

I really hope Porter wins because I'm not convinced that Garcia will take the Spence fight. I know Porter isn't eager to fight Errol either but I just think he'd take the fight next. Danny isn't solid in this department at all.

Comment

I actually believe he would fight spence if he beat Garcia. But wouldn't Garcia get a rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I actually believe he would fight spence if he beat Garcia. But wouldn't Garcia get a rematch?
              Why would he? This is for the vacant title. Not no voluntary defense.

I'm not sure if he will fight Spence if both win their next fights. But this is on Haymon to force this fight to happen. Offer Porter enough money where he can't turn it down. If he wants Spence to be the face of the PBC or one of the faces of the PBC, then he needs to get him these types of fights.

But I have a feeling Porter will be calling for the Thurman rematch.

Comment

I'm still kind of iffy with both, not sure if either of them serious about Spence getting immediate shot at the WBC. I think Porter would step up only cuz the pressure is on and he's mentioning Spence too oftened but then I look back at when Ken Porter talkin that they're not ranked with the IBF bs excuse which makes me think otherwise right now. As for Garcia who I think is going to beat Porter I don't think he's giving Spence that fight immediately. He wants a soft touch after then he's gonna start talkin that 10mil to fight Spence bull**** smh. Spence needs to sign up for that WBC clean fighter program whatever it is to put more pressure on whoever comes out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                  If Thurman were active he'd be #1 and the winner of Porter v Garcia is tied with Spence for #2.

I don't understand how people have Crawford even ranked at WW. He's fought literally nobody. Spence at least has the 1 win against Brook to stand on, even if it was a weight drained damaged Brook.

Well, Garcia doesn't actually have a great resume at 147 to speak of. I thought he lost to Peterson, won a tough fight with a shot Guerrero, and lost to Thurman.
                  That said, it is still better than Crawford at this point, but I definitely think Crawford would beat Garcia. If I had to rank them right now I would rank Spence 1, Crawford 2, Thurman 3, Garcia 4, and Porter 5. I know Thurman is inactive, but he beat 4 and 5.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                    Well, Garcia doesn't actually have a great resume at 147 to speak of. I thought he lost to Peterson, won a tough fight with a shot Guerrero, and lost to Thurman.
                    That said, it is still better than Crawford at this point, but I definitely think Crawford would beat Garcia. If I had to rank them right now I would rank Spence 1, Crawford 2, Thurman 3, Garcia 4, and Porter 5. I know Thurman is inactive, but he beat 4 and 5.
                    I like this ranking...

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Why would he? This is for the vacant title. Not no voluntary defense.

I'm not sure if he will fight Spence if both win their next fights. But this is on Haymon to force this fight to happen. Offer Porter enough money where he can't turn it down. If he wants Spence to be the face of the PBC or one of the faces of the PBC, then he needs to get him these types of fights.

But I have a feeling Porter will be calling for the Thurman rematch.
                      Not sure how their contract was signed. Thats why am asking in regards to a rematch. With Garcia being the bigger name i assume he would have a rematch clause.

In terms of him fighting spence i totally believe it would happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X