Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice fighters getting brave now that Golovkin is 35 and showing slippage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    He kills nobody..
    Mark my words, ggg will be the next shot fighter after he fights canelo...
    LMAO, don't speak too soon as Candelita might be the shot one after Chavez jr is done beating on her next week. It'll be back to 155 town after this upcoming performance.

Comment

I agree about Saunders. He ducked Golovkin and didn't want the fight until after he fought Jacobs. But I don't think it's fair to say that Golovkin is "slipping ". I think Jacobs fight showed that he could struggle against taller and bigger fighters.

As for Cotto, Roach simply said that he thinks Cotto could beat him. I don't think there are any rumors about Cotto wanting the fight. Cotto would get demolished anyway as he's too small for 160.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        LMAO, don't speak too soon as Candelita might be the shot one after Chavez jr is done beating on her next week. It'll be back to 155 town after this upcoming performance.
        You still ducking my bet, put up ur shut up bytcch...

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
          I, of course, expect to be shot down on here because in BoxingScene land, we like to pretend that a whole bunch of fighters never ducked Golovkin but he ducked Ward.

But...just indulge me for a second.

Saunders - is on video admitting he was waiting for Golovkin to get old (it's the one where he calls GGG a p*ssy). He doesn't even try to lie about it.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - BJS he starts calling him out.

Canelo - drops his WBC belt to avoid the fight.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Canelo finally seems ready to actually make the fight.

Cotto - wouldn't go anywhere near Golovkin, famously "ahhhhhh"ing when asked about fighting Golovkin, only then to correct himself and say "why not" when realising how bad it looked.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Rumours start about Cotto being open to the fight.

Jacobs - asked for 18 months and life-changing money to make a Golovkin fight, until finally mandated to. Gets his money and takes the fight because he basically cannot not take the fight, he would be ruined.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Danny is all over a re-match

Charlo - still boiling down to 154 and Golovkin isn't even on his radar.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Charlo is going to knock Golokin the fock out
          The thing is, we didn't hear nothing from Golovkin since Jacobs fight, why? Maybe there's some problem with Golovkin that his team don't want to go public? I don't know, man, they weren't pursuing BJS and that was low risk/high reward type of fight. It makes me wonder if there's some stuff that his team don't want to reveal

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            that a down right lie..Floyd was chasing Oscar and Mosley since he was at 135 and they refused to fight him..he jumped up in weight just to fight them

at that time floyd was not the most popular fighter on the planet. once he had beaten oscar de la hoya he was low risk, high reward. golovkin was the opposite. i understand that you won't acknowledge or undersadnt aht, but i do not care.

floyd also grew out of 135 and 140. i know you refuse to believe that, but it's also the truth. well documented IRS issues during the marquez fight, and he still couldn't make the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              He kills nobody..
              Mark my words, ggg will be the next shot fighter after he fights canelo...
              Actions are bigger than words my friend and Canelo ran like a f a g instead of fighting Golovkin.

In about 20 years I can beat him too.

Comment

Who knows how to even pinpoint Golovkin's slippage, the man hasn't been in that many fights and I mean actual fights, guys that can offer him something.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                  Actions are bigger than words my friend and Canelo ran like a f a g instead of fighting Golovkin.

In about 20 years I can beat him too.
                  True. The notion that Golovkin is "slipping" is ridiculous. His opposition has improved but he pummeled Brook and handled Jacobs to a unanimous decision. He's still undefeated and remains feared by the division. Canelo will wait until Golovkin's on social security.

Comment

Working...
                  X