No announcement yet.

CVS manager calls police on black woman over coupon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVS manager calls police on black woman over coupon

Camilla Hudson told ABC News that when she went into the CVS in Edgewater Glen Friday night and the coupon didn't work, the manager, Morry Matson, asked for help from another supervisor. That's when that unidentified manager questioned whether the coupon was fraudulent.

"In saying it’s fraudulent and it looks handwritten, which it didn’t to me, he [the manager assisting Matson] was essentially calling me a liar, a thief, a forger," Hudson told ABC News.

Matson then called the police -- and Hudson began recording him with her cell phone.

During the phone call with police, Matson -- who appears to be visibly shaking -- describes Hudson as “African-American,” to which she responds, “Black."

"No, I’m not African-American, I’m black," she can be heard saying off camera. "Black isn’t a bad word.”

Hudson said in her Facebook post that three officers responded to Matson’s call, and she spoke with them before leaving the store. She said the police then told her that Matson, as an employee of CVS, had the right to ask her to leave the property. She says she was not asked to do that until the officers arrived.

The Chicago Police Department said officers responded to a call of "an assault in progress."

"Police were informed that a female was inside the store threatening the staff and refusing to leave," the department said in a statement. "Victim did not press charges and no police report was filed."

But Hudson said she was just angry because of the accusation that she'd try to use a fake coupon.

"There was no intention, there was no agenda, I was just upset. I’d been confronted, I’d been called a liar, a thief, a forger, about a coupon at a pharmacy. So I made my post and it was only when I got home did I add a review to the CVS website. I added the video to my original post and then it’s blossomed and grown into what it is now," Hudson told ABC News.

The post has been shared by more than 200 people and viewed by more than 125,000 as of Sunday night.

A CVS spokesperson said they later contacted Hudson. The company said in a statement that it has begun an "investigation."

“We will take any corrective action that is warranted to prevent it from happening again,” the spokesman said. “CVS Pharmacy does not tolerate any practices that discriminate against any customer and we are committed to maintaining a welcoming and diverse environment in our stores.”

Matson declined to comment to ABC News about the incident.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/cvs-manage...opstories.html

A coupon? You called the cops cuz of coupon. I don't know who's more shook, the manager with his hands shaking calling the police or lil g afraid of Jermall Charlo?? LMMFAO! #TWINKIES!
    Last edited by j.razor; 07-16-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The coupon world is serious nukkas!

Comment

Damn right I called the cops

Comment

CVS is overpriced as all get out!

Comment

Here we go with the identity crisis again. "No, I'm black, not African American"! Okay, glad we cleared that up.

Comment

I bet the cheap kunt took out her fkin coupon book and sht and held up a long ass line.

I cant stand people like that.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                I bet the cheap kunt took out her fkin coupon book and sht and held up a long ass line.

I cant stand people like that.
                LOL YES!!!!

I was in line at a 7-11 and this one girl... just trashy as hell... buying stuff and the line was 10-15 deep. She's scrolling through her selfies doing nothing to speed up her purchase. I swear. She was scrolling through her selfies while she was at the register.

Comment

The cops were called because the lady made a scene... Not because of a damn coupon. If it was because of a coupon, then they're getting bombarded with fake ones and want to cut back on them. If they start to call the cops on fraud, they'll stop coming there to use them.

Make sense?

Comment

Gee I wonder why this made the news and the tens of thousands of other minor retail/dining disputes that led to the police being called didn't. What could possibly be the motive for such an illogical skew?

Comment

Working...
                    X