No announcement yet.

Usyk-Gassiev planned for July 21st, Location TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
    When are they gonna annouce the venue doe? lol...
    That's the million ruble question.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      That's the million ruble question.
      If i can choose, i'll just do it in Germany. Forget Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
        If i can choose, i'll just do it in Germany. Forget Saudi Arabia.
        Germany seems like a fair compromise where they could still draw well and not have it be a huge advantage for 1 guy

Comment

Do it in Crimea, winner gets the whole region

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Germany seems like a fair compromise where they could still draw well and not have it be a huge advantage for 1 guy

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post

Comment

In the end though, I'm guessing WBSS will just sell it to the highest bidder, so prepare yourselves for it to take place in Red Square surrounded by armed guards ordered to shoot Usyk should he win the fight

Comment

as unfortunately as it sounds, but the market for boxing in Germany is in a pretty bad state right now and I can't see them being able to remotely bid the same as Saudi Arabia or russia.

usyk has some name value because he beat huck, but other than hard-core fans no one knows who gassiev is.

the wssb tournament is also more or less catered and marketed to boxing fans. the general audience don't know anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Hahahah, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    as unfortunately as it sounds, but the market for boxing in Germany is in a pretty bad state right now and I can't see them being able to remotely bid the same as Saudi Arabia or russia.

usyk has some name value because he beat huck, but other than hard-core fans no one knows who gassiev is.

the wssb tournament is also more or less catered and marketed to boxing fans. the general audience don't know anything about it.
                    OK, knew things were down a bit in Germany but didn't realize it was that bad. I'm fully expecting it to go to the highest bidder, was just thinking Germany would be a fair middle ground if that was something the WBSS actually cared about. I wonder how it would do in Minsk?

Comment

OK, knew things were down a bit in Germany but didn't realize it was that bad. I'm fully expecting it to go to the highest bidder, was just thinking Germany would be a fair middle ground if that was something the WBSS actually cared about. I wonder how it would do in Minsk?
                      during Germanys glory days, fights were broadcasted on two of Germanys big channels (rtl and sat1) and also on the state channel (ard) with good budgets for the fights.

at that time sturm, braehmer, stieglitz, Abraham, Sylvester, huck, hernandez and klitschko were regularly featured.

the current crop disappointed. zeuge and feigenbutz are weak, many of the guys they were building up haven't impressed and the established guys are in their way out.
                      sauerland also only has a very small time deal with the channel sport1, which should be similar to bounce lol.

dazn features international fights but still not really often.
                      Ran fighting, another streaming platform, have the rights for the wbss tournament and they charge ppv money to watch the fights.

that's Germanys boxing landscape at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X