Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Us All Your Top-10 Light-Heavyweight All-Timers List...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Yeah, and quality boxing only started with your birth :rolleyes9: Are you THAT seriously self-centered that you think everything sucked in the world before you got there?

Poet
    Who knows if it was quality boxing you didn't see it

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Who knows if it was quality boxing you didn't see it
      That's why God created boxing historians.

Comment

Also my uncle who boxed in the 50s & 60s said that if you weren't Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Rocky Maciano or someone like that boxing didn't even pay the bills for 95% of fighters and they had jobs on the side. For the 95% of the fighter Boxing didn't have the money in it for you to do full time until Ali and Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
          While I do understand your sentiment, Trojan, I will say that looking at Harry Greb's record, for instance, & saying one cannot deduce he deserves to be ranked amongst the greatest fighters of all-time is akin to saying no one can be sure Tyrannosaurus Rex was a big animal, since no one has seen one alive.

Greb's record is as clear a picture as a T-Rex's skeleton.
          To re-iterate, I do get where you're coming from --- when you get down to the specifics of rating one man over another, you have got to be increasingly careful the less you have seen of a fighter.
          well,science once thought the t-rex was a ferocious hunter...

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
            well,science once thought the t-rex was a ferocious hunter...
            By the way, what do they think now of T rex? You are stating something that is hotly disputed and trying to use that as a fact. No probs with me...But by and large it doesn't win you this arguement.

Its not proved T rex was not a predator based on one mans assumptions

Based on your and some guys that can't have been great, Greb is not medicore. His record stands out.
            Last edited by Greatest1942; 11-25-2010, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Also my uncle who boxed in the 50s & 60s said that if you weren't Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Rocky Maciano or someone like that boxing didn't even pay the bills for 95% of fighters and they had jobs on the side. For the 95% of the fighter Boxing didn't have the money in it for you to do full time until Ali and Don King.
              Most fighters STILL have jobs on the side. Where do you think all the jokes about Roy foes came from? Nothing has changed. Boxing has a money class, a healthy middle with guys who can derive enough to go (those were the guys below the title level back in the day who fought 20-30 times a year; it was their career), and a huge bottom. Always has.
              Last edited by crold1; 11-25-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                By the way, what do they think now of T rex? You are stating something that is hotly disputed and trying to use that as a fact. No probs with me...But by and large it doesn't win you this arguement.

Its not proved T rex was not a predator based on one mans assumptions

Based on your and some guys that can't have been great, Greb is not medicore. His record stands out.
                well,it was once thought because of its size and makeup that it was a predator,but more research shows that it likely couldnt run fast and its arms are too short to be useful.the only thing that keeps it from being called a scavenger by everybody else is the lack of a dominant predator

Comment

Working...
                X