Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: I Still Have Two or Three Fights Left in Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horge View Post
    Philippine Senate takes a 2-month recess from mid-March,
    a month-long recess from mid October, and another one
    from mid-December (the Christmas recess).

Just to train for a fight, Pacquiao has to clear it with both
    the Senate in general AND his party leaders, because,
    not only is there not enough time during recesses, but
    those recesses are often when the party meets and
    strategizes, or even hits the campaign trail in support of
    local candidates.

One fight a year is the realistic limit, and even that is
    pushing it, because of local and national elections: some
    shorter-term (lower votes gotten) Senators end their
    terms in 2019(?), and Pac has to campaign for his party's
    candidates. Pac himself, being a high-vote winner in 2016,
    ends his term in 2022 --which means he'll likely fight
    a manageable-risk opponent (for the W and the fan votes)
    in the summer of that year.

To be honest, I'm not too interested in Pacquiao prolonging his career unless he fights the top guys at Welterweight like Spence, Crawford, Thurman or whoever wins the Garcia-Porter fight. If he's going to fight other guys outside of that, I'm not too interested. I'm hyped about the potential Joshua-Wilder fight and the Canelo-Golovkin rematch though. I'm definitely up for those kind of fights.

Comment

You came back before fighting Horn to gain a Mayweather Jr rematch. He’ll need the money too after another dumb purchase ($18 million watch).

Fight Mayweather Jr, pay your bills, get out on top.

Comment

Can someone explain how he got into his tax debt problems. Genuinely asking.

Comment

Matthysse had no offense was my point. I don’t dislike manny. He was rusty and it’s obvious he’s not who he once was. He’s still very good but any of the top young WWs he would not go the distance with.

Comment

Originally posted by mark1993 View Post
            Can someone explain how he got into his tax debt problems. Genuinely asking.
            It's just that he, like many celebrities and athletes, don't want to pay their taxes. For him, since he's not American, there's a big tax rate he has to pay.

Comment

I don't know why Spence, Thurman are being overlooked.

IMO if he beats Spence or Thurman that would be the build up needed for a Mayweather rematch.

Crawford would be a good fight too.

Comment

THIS version of Manny is a high reel KO waiting to happen.

Hopefully he has some brain cells left to carry on with his political career.
                Last edited by slimPickings; 07-17-2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Why is that? So you just assume Manny dopes because Floyd did? Do you think ped's are like instant KO juice? Dude please. You sound like a hater.
                  Manny Pacquiao wouldn't take a blood test for. along time claiming he was afraid of needles, claiming a little loss of blood would make him weak etc. The moment those blood tests were mentioned Manny couldn't knock out anyone. Now he is fighting in Asia and he starts knocking out people ? I am allowed to be sceptical and I'm not the only one. If indeed he is beating people legitimately then let him take the test and we will all rally behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                    Manny Pacquiao wouldn't take a blood test for. along time claiming he was afraid of needles, claiming a little loss of blood would make him weak etc. The moment those blood tests were mentioned Manny couldn't knock out anyone. Now he is fighting in Asia and he starts knocking out people ? I am allowed to be sceptical and I'm not the only one. If indeed he is beating people legitimately then let him take the test and we will all rally behind him.
                    Dumb statements. Manny hurt a lot of fighters and dropped several of them during that time and the BIG GLARING DIFFERENCE IS........WAIT FOR IT......

HE HAD JUST STARTED FIGHTING ALL WW AND UP FIGHTERS. DUMMY!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Dumb statements. Manny hurt a lot of fighters and dropped several of them during that time and the BIG GLARING DIFFERENCE IS........WAIT FOR IT......

HE HAD JUST STARTED FIGHTING ALL WW AND UP FIGHTERS. DUMMY!
                      This guy attacks anyone that doesn't post something positive about Manny. WTF?

Comment

Working...
                      X