No announcement yet.

Wilder's resume makes me laugh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Implying everyone learns at the same rate. Natural aptitude is real. Also not everybody gets the same quality of teaching.

I'd imagine wherever Joshua learned in London > A boxing club in Alabama. More foot traffic = More knowledge in out of the door = better quality teachers. Don't forget they had the olympics so there was a push in the UK boxing scene while everything was the same as ever in the USA
    It doesnt matter where you train ,boxing doesn't work like that . Its on the fighter previous post . !

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Povetkin was so scared of Wilder he pissed dirty twice just to not have to take that savage beating. There's no pawing the jab and hugging to a decision at heavyweight anymore.

Ryabinskiy wins $4.3 million court case against Wilder
      By Przemek Garczarczyk

Promoter Andrey Ryabinskiy’s attorney succeeded in getting a favorable decision in a US court ruling in a long court proceeding with the representatives of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. The New York Federal District Court refused Wilder on all counts and awarded Ryabinskiy’s side $4.3 million in funds that were part of the interpleader case after the fight between Alexander Povetkin and Wilder was canceled in May of 2016. The decision can be appealed during the next 30 days, however attorneys have already filed a demand for the return of funds.

Attorneys will take a careful look at the 48-page decision and plan out the next actions, evidently in court also, as parties are still battling it out over the multi-million defamation claims.

“I said it once, and I will say it again, anyone that wants to offend or insult my guys, will have to pay for it,” said Ryabinskiy, President of the promotional company World of Boxing.

The Povetkin-Wilder fight was canceled after a positive sample test by Povetkin containing a trace of meldonium. However, later Povetkin was declared not guilty, and it was found that he did not take meldonium after its official prohibition that started January 1, 2016.

https://fight news.com/ryabinskiy-wins-4-3-million-court-case-wilder/19539

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        How does it lose its allure when it brings in the biggest $$$ in boxing.
        Because the money that you get for the fight is less than the money you lose from corrupt judges.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          It doesnt matter where you train ,boxing doesn't work like that . Its on the fighter previous post . !
          It does you think people sought out the Kronk gym back in its heyday just for fun? People don't go to Wildcard, TMT, or Robert Garcia's gyms for fun. They go there because higher quality teachers and better competition.

If that gym had such great trainers Wilder's little brothers technique wouldn't be as messed up as Deontay's. Either they can't teach or they don't care. People don't naturally know how to box. You might learn faster or slower than the next guy but it's not some natural skill

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            lol@ you queens acting like AJ built some massive popularity...if you switched wilder and AJ and gave wilder a british accent he would be in the exact same position

I love these clowns acting like Aj did some impossible and amazing feat...a monkey could have guided AJ to stardom in the UK
            lol everything is fantasy talk with you guys 'wilder would have a better resume but' 'wilder would be as popular but'. you are the queen, you and 3-4 others on here pop up in tears anytime someone says stiverne isnt as atg

aj took more risks in half as many fights, provided entertainment. wilders plan was always fight bums until a cashout fight was there, sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
              Ortiz and Stiverne are pretty solid wins imo.
              Definitely, especially the first one because Wilder hasn't peaked yet, and the Ortiz one where at one point he looked like he was out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                Outside of Wilder fanboys, everybody knows that the only real decent opponent so far has been Ortiz, and he was unproven because of his equally poor resume.

Anyone who thinks Ortiz and Stiverne was better wins than unifying against Klitschko and Parker needs their heads examining. We all know which was better.
                Since the world's leading experts all agree with me and all disagree with you, maybe it's you that is the fanboy?

Anybody can look up where Parker was ranked vs. where King Kong was ranked. King Kong was considered the more dangerous fighter. And you can't say he was unproven because he was higher in Boxrec's rankings, which show it was really Parker that was unproven.

Beating Klitschko is a better win commercially, but from a sporting perspective, it was a past his prime guy, coming off a humiliating loss and a long long layoff, so long that many had removed him from the top 10 due to inactivity.

Still a great win for AJ, but from a sporting perspective, not the same thing as beating Stiverne when Stiverne was universally considered #2 or #3 in the world by all the world's leading experts.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  Look at his resume.

It's filled with unknowns or old beaten up pugs like Stiverne and a 50 year old from Cuba.

In 20 odd fights AJ already has wins over 2 world class fighters and world champions 1 of them very much in his prime.

Wilder is a joker. Fight a live body instead of going life and death with an old man that never did anything special outside of the amateurs.
                  Not his fault Povetkin failed a drug test tho...

Comment

Ortiz never did anythig special in the ams really...he was a good pro and amateur tho, just nothing amazing

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Since the world's leading experts all agree with me and all disagree with you, maybe it's you that is the fanboy?

Anybody can look up where Parker was ranked vs. where King Kong was ranked. King Kong was considered the more dangerous fighter. And you can't say he was unproven because he was higher in Boxrec's rankings, which show it was really Parker that was unproven.

Beating Klitschko is a better win commercially, but from a sporting perspective, it was a past his prime guy, coming off a humiliating loss and a long long layoff, so long that many had removed him from the top 10 due to inactivity.

Still a great win for AJ, but from a sporting perspective, not the same thing as beating Stiverne when Stiverne was universally considered #2 or #3 in the world by all the world's leading experts.
                      I’ll just repeat this for you because I don’t think you got it.

Anyone who thinks Ortiz and Stiverne was better wins than unifying against Klitschko and Parker needs their heads examining. We all know which was better.

Comment

Working...
                      X