Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the award for worst week ever goes to ............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GBP did a great job with all the drama surrounding this event. Thompson was a solid replacement for Omar and I really didn't care for the Molina vs Charlo fight. Which would have been a good time to go to the store to get more brew or cook some more meat on the grill. If that s**tty fight would have made the card. Plus Canelo not making weight was b.s but Angulo got paid some more cash and the show went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      I strongly disagree. I am a Perro fan and lost a lot of e-points as real money as well BUT I enjoyed last night like crazy. Exciting fights... specially the main event. I was on my feet the whole way through. I pay for all PPVs and I truly got my money's worth. And Canelo last night solidified his place as a PPV star which is great for GB, Canelo comes to fight and we fans that pay love that. Very enjoyable event all around, I had a great Saturday night!
      i thought they were exciting too except for the
      Leo Santa Cruz/Cristian Mijares
      where it seemed to drag on and on for me.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        i thought they were exciting too except for the
        Leo Santa Cruz/Cristian Mijares
        where it seemed to drag on and on for me.
        Yeah, that fight was disappointing man. I thought Mijares would pull off the upset and he ended up getting outclassed and humiliated. Mijares showed heart though, Plan A (which was to move and box) didn't work and he decided to try another one which was fighting on the inside. I can respect his effort but the fight got dull after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Omar reinjuring his wrist was a favor to Golden Boy. The losers would have won a total of 0 rounds in the entire card if Thompson didn't replace him. The undercard ended up being exactly what I thought it would be. A bunch of good names in mismatches. It was mostly boring.

Only one that had some potential was Molina vs Charlo, but lets face it, there would have likely been a styles clash. I would have actually preferred that fight over the other fights we got, but most people would disagree.
          I think Charlo would've jabbed Molina to death and won the title. Sucks for him he didn't get the title shot under the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
          X