Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should raise cruiserweight limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe they should raise the cruiserweight limit to 205lbs and the LHW limit to 180lbs, that's what I would do.

Comment

theres no need to mess with any weight limits

the smaller guys should come in as light as they can so they can move and out box the bigger guys, remember holyfield coming in at 205? all the small HW's seem to think puttign on 20lbs of fat will help them vs the klits

Comment

Heavyweight 200+
        Cruiserweight 180+
        Middleweight 160+
        Welterweight 145+
        Lightweight 135+

... and so on. That's how I'd change things. No super- or light- to be seen.

Comment

The KlitschkO's would be just as dominant if they were 6'2, 225 IMO. It's not that the top "Super" HW's (Bowe, Lewis, Vitali, Wlad) who've dominated for most of the past 20 years won simply because of their size, but because of their boxing skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
            The KlitschkO's would be just as dominant if they were 6'2, 225 IMO. It's not that the top "Super" HW's (Bowe, Lewis, Vitali, Wlad) who've dominated for most of the past 20 years won simply because of their size, but because of their boxing skills!
            lewis , wlad and vitali have no inside fighting skills.

if they weren't so tall and big they'd have a hard time against fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post

if they weren't so tall and big they'd have a hard time against fighters.
              I wouldn't say that. Sure, his best method is fighting from a distance, but when he got inside he could hit you with anything if you weren't careful - just ask Michael Grant or Vitali.

Comment

Name an example round for each to prove your point please.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  I wouldn't say that. Sure, his best method is fighting from a distance, but when he got inside he could hit you with anything if you weren't careful - just ask Michael Grant or Vitali.
                  he had some but lewis was at his best on the outside.

besides different fighting on the inside against other giants like grant and vitali who had no inside fighting as well.

all of the huge super heavies are no good time fighting on the inside. just how it is.

the only exception for is bowe though.

lennox , vitali and wlad depends on their height and reach. their skills were honed to make use of those advantages.

the other guy says make lewis , vitali , wlad and bowe 6'2 225 and they'be the same. i don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by knn View Post
                    Name an example round for each to prove your point please.
                    watch any round.

the best inside fighter of those 4 aside from bowe is lewis.

do you think lewis has great inside fighting skills?

just the fact that their arms are so damn long makes it hard for them.

the fact that all 3 were or are now with steward probably makes their inside fighting look worst.

i think emmanuel prefers his super heavies to use their reach on the outside and just clinch on the inside.

to protect lennox's and wlad's vulnerable chins as well.

Comment

he had some but lewis was at his best on the outside.

besides different fighting on the inside against other giants like grant and vitali who had no inside fighting as well.

all of the huge super heavies are no good time fighting on the inside. just how it is.

the only exception for is bowe though.
                      That I'll agree with. Bowe was extremely dangerous on the inside.

Actually, I think Bowe would've given Lennox the hardest fight(s) of his entire career. I'll always be of the belief that the latter would've UD'ed him every time, but they would've been hard fights. We'd see inside fighting, a prolonged jab contest, missed bombs, landed bombs, sloppy moments, probably even KDs... but Lennox would win.

Every time I think about that trashcan incident, I end up doing the facepalm thing. What a fight we missed out on. :conf3:

Comment

Working...
                      X