Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Feel free to hate Mayweather-McGregor, but for the right reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy this fight for the spectacle that it is.

For those that want "real competition" we just had Ward-Kovalev 2 who hardly anyone watched, and Canelo-Golovkin is coming up.

There's enough on the menu to satisfy everyone's tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
      These Flômos like Fitzsimmons are getting desperate now that everyone whos not a complete flômo/mma ****** are calling this fight the circus that it is. Expect this site ran by flômos to make tons of articles about how dlh is to blame,& how this fight is actually interesting in some way. These same ass holes are now using canelos fights as an excuse for gimpweather chickenshît. They claimed/claim canelo vs jr was a disgrace,then write these shîtpieces on why the Ultimate Flômo Championship isnt. These gimps are literally grasping at straws & im enjoying LMAO at these hypocrit ,& kigali is among the worst of them,but theres tons like Jason SHAW etc. Who are equally hypocrit shîttalkers. Never have I seen black people worship someone to the point of ******ation they remind me of white Trump supporters or black obamanoids like jamie foxx who called him jesus.
      It hurts you so much that you are here promoting it....

Comment

Originally posted by Nlz View Post
        The big issue here is not that the fight might intrigue a bunch of casual fans. The issue isn't about de la hoya being inconsequent. the issue is not even the fact that the fight is taking away the limelight of a real great fight. the issue isn't about that this fight could be 'bad for boxing'. the issue here is the fight itself.

The big issue here is that the NSAC is allowing this (official) fight from happening - while it is a total mismatch. I remember two years a go, the reasons NSAC had for not allowing the fight between Ward and Murdoc to happen was exactly that: mismatch (note: Murdoc had a record of 18-1-0 at that time). But somehow those rules dont apply for #maycon. When Floyd is at 49-0-0 and McGregor is at 0-0-0. wtf!

I get it from Connor's side. He has little to lose. In fact, he got a lot to win. He has been carrying the ufc for quite some time, yet has never been truly rewarded for being the face of the UFC. That organisation is apparently worth $4B however that money has unfortunately not been flowing to the real stars of the game. So he gets an opportunity to get financially rewarded in an exhibition fight, with little damage. Of course he takes it.

I however do not get it from the self proclaimed "TBE". If you want to leave a legacy, you do not end your career like this. The definition of "leaving a legacy" is anything but this. Yes I get it. It's again an easy fight to take. Great money. But that record don't mean siht if you achieved it by going at it against a rookie. I would not have a problem with this fight on an exhibition level - although I still would not watch it.

Remember Ali against Inoki. It was a exhibition fight. The result? The fight was poorly received. The crowd threw rubbish into the ring and chanted "Money back! Money back!". Apparently it took the janitorial people of the Arena almost a full day to clean up the garbage that was hurled at the two 'combatants' as the result of their lousy performance. Similar will happen come August 26.
        It's not about legacy cuz the man has NOTHING to prove, his legacy is TBE. It's what the fans want that will bring in the $ so everything else is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Enjoy this fight for the spectacle that it is.

For those that want "real competition" we just had Ward-Kovalev 2 who hardly anyone watched, and Canelo-Golovkin is coming up.

There's enough on the menu to satisfy everyone's tastes.
          That's what's so interesting to me. The same people complaining about competition don't support a fight like Ward v. Kovalev but then order Canelo v. Khan (or any of his last 4 opponents (excluding Cotto).

Then they run around bragging about how Canelo learned money the game from Floyd on one hand, then cry like children when Floyd wh*ps his ass or does anything really.

I'd respect a man who just admitted, "yes, I'm biased" and be done with it. But instead we have to read these cry baby a*s comments all the time that aren't routed in sound logic. **** is really annoying. Boxing has always had its favorites for whatever reason. We've been hearing nonstop wh*ning about Floyd since he beat Oscar. When will it stop? Some of these guys have dedicated half their lives to hating on this guy. Sad stuff lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Glad to see Fitzsimmons point out Oscar's hypocrisy! In December Oscar said the only fight that makes sense was Canelo vs. McGregor @ 160. Six months later, suddenly this fight is a disgrace to boxing! What Chavez Jr. did was very disgraceful, and it cost me $70!
            Oh please, wasn't Dana White scoffing at the Gay/Mac fight when it was first brought up? Was't Dana White saying "it would never happen" "stupid" and threatening McGregor with lawsuits if he were to fight Gayweather?

Oh it's ok for him to change his mind, but god forbid anyone else having a change of heart.

gtfo. This fight sucks, it's a farce, won't be competitive and nothing more than a cash grab for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              It's not about legacy cuz the man has NOTHING to prove, his legacy is TBE. It's what the fans want that will bring in the $ so everything else is irrelevant.
              Ok. So why is he all about his "50-0" record thing if it ain't about legacy? He has a need to prove himself. Why is that you think? I will tell you. There is plenty of people out there that dispute him being any where close to being the best ever. So he is desperately seeking attention and recognition. He won't get it by beating a loud-mouth leprechaun rookie.

I guess I have to agree with you on the part that this is "only about the money". It's not about a 50-0 nor is it about leaving a legacy. He already fought and beat Berto - so I guess we know where Floyd lists on the rankings of all time greats.

But I am all for giving credit where credit is due. So, I'll give him the undisputed title of 'the-best-ever-in-the-business'. I rank him as one of the best defensive fighters in the sport...ever. But as far as legacy, TBE? That is disputed.

Comment

Originally posted by daveydmx View Post
                if McGregor hears the final bell . . . it will be a HUGE BLACK EYE for Professional Boxing
                Couldnt have said it better myself. Whens the last time Floyd took a chance?

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Seriously. Great fight, but horrible ending.

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                TBE? GTFOH kid

Comment

Props to Conor & Floyd for making millions off this fight

Hard to hate the worlds two best showmen in making hundreds of millions of this fight. Conor and Floyd did their job well in setting up this mega PPV fight and providing for their families. If some do not like this fight then do not fricking watch it. That simple.

Comment

I'm seeing a Tex Cobb vs Larry Holmes type fight. Where fraud is churning the hamburger that used to be McGregor's face, but can't put him away.

Unless of course the UFC plans on throwing the towel in at the drop of a hat to save face, (no pun inteneded).

Yeah....... The more I think about it, the more I can see that happening. As soon as McGregor starts to get pounded, his corner/The UFC, will throw the towel in to keep both of them from looking too bad.

The UFC doesn't look too bad that way, and everyone still gets paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      Oh please, wasn't Dana White scoffing at the Gay/Mac fight when it was first brought up? Was't Dana White saying "it would never happen" "stupid" and threatening McGregor with lawsuits if he were to fight Gayweather?

Oh it's ok for him to change his mind, but god forbid anyone else having a change of heart.

gtfo. This fight sucks, it's a farce, won't be competitive and nothing more than a cash grab for everyone involved.
                      It is a cash grab, but Oscar is only mad because he's not the one doing the grabbing! He didn't mind grabbing that cash with Khan and Chavez Jr.!

Comment

Working...
                      X