Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Western nations stop terrorist attacks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Why is it so hard for some people to grasp the notion that an adherent following a holy text that says to "kill the infidel" actually goes out....and ****in' kills infidels?

They are unambiguously stating that the doctrines of martyrdom and jihad are the reasons why they are committing terrorism.

Why don't people take them for their words? Why is there an inclination to find any other reason other than that?
    Ask Magas.

He's a live one, and doing exactly what you just posted about. To the letter, actually.

I honestly can't grasp such logic myself either. He's either a super-gruber, or a sympathizer of the terrorists. I can't come up with a third option.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Why is it so hard for some people to grasp the notion that an adherent following a holy text that says to "kill the infidel" actually goes out....and ****in' kills infidels?

They are unambiguously stating that the doctrines of martyrdom and jihad are the reasons why they are committing terrorism.

Why don't people take them for their words? Why is there an inclination to find any other reason other than that?
      Why is it so hard for some people to grasp the notion that meaningless wars that result in displaced and murdered civilians amplify the likelihood of people in said regions becoming radicalised and terrorists?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        Why is it so hard for some people to grasp the notion that meaningless wars that result in displaced and murdered civilians amplify the likelihood of people in said regions becoming radicalised and terrorists?
        That talking point has been refuted already. Many times, actually.

Gotta keep up!

Comment

Canada has 3x as many Muslims as the U.S. Yet almost never sees a terrorist attacks?

Maybe its because Canada doesn't make it a foreign policy to invade and bomb the fck out of them, year after year, with no end in sight.

Maybe, just maybe, this has little to do with religion? Maybe they just want us to stop interfering in the middle east, stop stealing their resources, and stop propping up tyrants and giving them weapons, that are used against their own people.

Yeah I bet that has a lot more to do with it than religion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            That talking point has been refuted already. Many times, actually.

Gotta keep up!

But in all honesty, it hasn't. Islamism is a huge problem, and if we didn't invade I'm sure we'd still have major issues with these islamists.

But I happen to think the stupid wars added fuel to the fire, as well as the west's cosy relationship with the wahhabi gulf states.

It's a complicated, multifaceted issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Canada has 3x as many Muslims as the U.S. Yet almost never sees a terrorist attacks?

Maybe its because Canada doesn't make it a foreign policy to invade and bomb the fck out of them, year after year, with no end in sight.

Maybe, just maybe, this has little to do with religion? Maybe they just want us to stop interfering in the middle east, stop stealing their resources, and stop propping up tyrants and giving them weapons, that are used against their own people.

Yeah I bet that has a lot more to do with it than religion.
              Thanks, I was looking into this, I was sure that the countries that didn't invade Iraq have had a lot fewer terror attacks, but I don't have the hard data on me at the moment.

Comment

But in all honesty, it hasn't.
                Facepalm

Muslims were committing numerous acts of terror on Americans during Jefferson's time, so much so he had to send the Navy out to deal with them.

Back then, we were an isolated nation not interfering in other country's, especially the Middle East.

So if we were not bothering them back then, why were they committing acts of terror on Americans?

It's a complicated, multifaceted issue.
                Only to those who want it to be.

The rest of us figured it out easily by studying history and reading their holy book. As I keep saying, it's not very hard to figure out.

Comment

Thanks, I was looking into this, I was sure that the countries that didn't invade Iraq have had a lot fewer terror attacks, but I don't have the hard data on me at the moment.
                  Canada has (or up to recently, had) combat troops over there killing Muslims.

Iirc, a Canadian sniper recently broke some sort of long distance kill record.

Try yet again guys.
                  Last edited by 1bad65; 05-26-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Facepalm

Muslims were committing numerous acts of terror on Americans during Jefferson's time, so much so he had to send the Navy out to deal with them.

Back then, we were an isolated nation not interfering in other country's, especially the Middle East.

So if we were not bothering them back then, why were they committing acts of terror on Americans?

Only to those who want it to be.

The rest of us figured it out easily by studying history and reading their holy book. As I keep saying, it's not very hard to figure out.
                    So why do Canada experience fewer attacks despite having a larger muslim population?

And you referring to barbary pirates, but why are you omitting say the period between 1940-1980?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Canada has (or up to recently, had) combat troops over there killing Muslims.

Iirc, a Canadian sniper recently broke some sort of long distance kill record.

Try yet again guys.
                      Their involvement was miniscule compared to the US and Britain.

Comment

Working...
                      X