Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Warns Golovkin: No Fear, We Don't F*** Around!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
    Mayweather-Pacquiao took 5 years to make let us hope that doesn't happen again.
    Hopefully. Both were megastars though. GGG is in no position to act like he calls any shots.

Comment

• Canelo is a pink vato if he continues to make the fight at catchweight. I have no problem with catchweights in a non-title bout, but ffs this is for the Middleweight Belt and the upper limit for MW is 160 pounds and has been forever.

But if pinkie and his crew stick with the 155lb demand, if I were GGG I'd take the contract and come into the ring around 175 pounds (he usually comes into the ring around 170 and so does Alvarez) and drop bombs on Canelo. All GGG has to do is avoid the left jab/hook feint that Canelo likes before he throws the over hand right. Easy work for GGG otherwise.

Comment

• We've seen Canelo talk about GGG in a post fight before...

But I really hope this time is different.

In the past few weeks we've seen both guys fight in a mismatch when we should've been watching them fight each other. Don't drag this out any longer, Make This Fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Hopefully. Both were megastars though. GGG is in no position to act like he calls any shots.
          I agree he's going to have to concede some things.

Comment

Canelo is going to get paid no matter who he fights, but don't under estimate his desire to be "great."

There is no fighter or fight out there, for the rest of his career, that'll earn him more respect, and pad his legacy, then a GGG fight.

GGG may not call any shots, but he's the guy who does the biggest things for Canelo's career.

This is going to be a 160lb titlefight, there's too much at stake, at this point, for Canelo not to accept it at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              if oscar offers 155 ggg should take it, then come in just under the mw limit.
              Brilliant. I don't care who wins just want to see a great fight.

In doing this they would crucify canelo if he didn't accept the fight (they've already have been). Which he wouldnt take, he can't afford to give any advantages to fight ggg. But what impact would the negative feedback have on Canelo's career.

If negotiations go south and ggg camp determines it's a nogo, this would be a great final step.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                Canelo is going to get paid no matter who he fights, but don't under estimate his desire to be "great."

There is no fighter or fight out there, for the rest of his career, that'll earn him more respect, and pad his legacy, then a GGG fight.

GGG may not call any shots, but he's the guy who does the biggest things for Canelo's career.

This is going to be a 160lb titlefight, there's too much at stake, at this point, for Canelo not to accept it at 160.
                Canelo won't be accepting anything. He'll lay out the terms and it'll be GGG who decides if he wants to accept or if he wants to continue to pretend he's the righteous B-sider who can call shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                  I agree he's going to have to concede some things.
                  Yeah, that was the mistake that Kahn and hunter made last night in regards to fighting ggg. Canelo was Thea side vs Kahn and should be vs ggg, so hes not the one who has to manipulate weight to risk being great.

This will be the most intriguing negotiations next to pac/may.

Comment

Canelo won't be accepting anything. He'll lay out the terms and it'll be GGG who decides if he wants to accept or if he wants to continue to pretend he's the righteous B-sider who can call shots.

Fine. We all know what's going to happen anyway. We all know GGG is going to completely flatten Canelo. Canelo legit stands absolutely no chance- this is a complete 100-0, one sided fight.

So, Canelo either moves up to the right division and defends his title like a real boxer is supposed to. Or he brings up Paulie and the rest of the 147lb division and keeps fighting at 155.

Not like it matters to Canelo, he'll be getting paid no matter what... But he's also going to be the one who for the rest of life hears about how he didn't man up and fight his biggest challenge (GGG). I'm sure at some point that is going to bother him. Lol

Comment

• Canelo don't f*** around yo!

Best check yoself!

Comment

Working...
                      X