No announcement yet.

Weak chin = weak legs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak chin = weak legs

Manny pacquiao had a solid chin and massive legs, calves. And Dave Allen a British heavyweight has the biggest heavyweight legs I've seen and never been down against Dillian Whyte or Luis Ortiz.

Would these guys have great chins if they had weak legs?

Not true at all.

I've seen guys with tree trunk legs get rocked silly in the gym and skinny stick insects walk through big shots like it's nothing.

God knows what the main factors in having a strong chin are but having strong legs is not it. Maybe they help with the recovery or something else after taking a big shot but in regards to actually being able to hold a shot or not IMO legs have nothing to do with it.

Comment

You might be right, Khan has tiny legs

Comment

Leg size alone doesn't mean ****

If anything, if someone has big legs he probably has big neck too, which could be a more reasonable factor in having a more resillient chin.

You can test your hypothesis, but a sample of two is not sufficient. Try 10-20 at least.

Comment

I would think a thicker neck would help more than legs. It is like shocks where it can absorb a lot of the impact.

Comment

It has nothing to do with your legs, wether its huge or thin, obviously, if you lost consciousness, you will fall like a sack of potatoes.

Comment

I agree. Muscular and strong legs WITH strong beck and shoulders normally help a guy take a punch well.

The recovery from the punch then comes down to conditioning.

Comment

there are many variables to why boxers get knocked out, cant just be put down to weak legs and weak chin

where the punch lands, how it lands, the position of the boxer, conditioning of the boxer, so many variables...

Comment

Originally posted by Mokib View Post
                  Manny pacquiao had a solid chin and massive legs, calves. And Dave Allen a British heavyweight has the biggest heavyweight legs I've seen and never been down against Dillian Whyte or Luis Ortiz.

Would these guys have great chins if they had weak legs?
                  How many times has Manny been KTFO??

Comment

Working...
                  X