Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    HA!

Fury MADE him old, IDIOT!

Perhaps ; I would age considerably too in the months leading up to the fight having to listen to that imbeciles constant verbal diarrhea and childish antics.

Comment

Wladimir has been old for a while now. Fury was the only recent competitor smart & skilled enough to beat him though.

Comment

I think Wlad is slightly over the hill, at his age, he would be. But heavyweights tend to last longer than lighter fighters, and he is far from shot, miles away from shot. He could have another 2-3 years at the top in my opinion.

He came unstuck against a style that was always going to give him problems. He has a style very much based around protecting his weaknesses, which have shown their head in his early career. These weaknesses are below average stamina, and a below average chin. He also has very poor instincts in the pocket and no in-fighting ability whatsoever. That means when he fights someone who can reach him, get to his chin, and torso, without over extending themselves, Wladimir is in trouble.

Tyson Fury is a tall rangy guy, with good ability and speed, he is not a super good fighter or anything like that, he is good, and that with his dimensions were enough to deal with Wlad, and quite frankly it would have been the same 5 years ago as well, a very tough matchup for him. Wlad has good feet and his speed of foot has always given him the advantage when he has faced other quick or tall fighter, it was the difference against Haye in my opinion, and against Wach. But the difference is Haye was small, and Wach lacked ability. Fury has both size and ability.

Wladimir has been very good at what he does, it is a credit to his intelligence and Manny Steward's intelligence that he was able to take it this far, but he always had limitations, and it was only a lack of competition and/or his tactics which allowed him to stay unbeaten for so long. He was allowed to get away with murder for the majority of his 'second career' in terms of holding, leaning, using his weight, to make up for a lack of defensive guard, and natural defensive fundamentals. I mean if you analyse the guy, he throws his arms into the air and forward to block punches rather than bring his gloves to his face!

Fact is at the elite level Wlad has some incredible qualities, he has hand speed, awesome effortless power which in my eyes keeps him live with just about any heavyweight in history, he had great feet, and a stunning jab. BUT, and it is a big but, he has big technical flaws and vulnerabilities which I think would have got him beat against lots of great heavyweights of the past, and will get him exposed against some of this current crop coming through. These guys coming through now are talented, but also have the size to compete with and possibly KO Wlad. We have already seen with Fury, but I think guys like Wilder, Joshua, Parker, Ortiz are equally dangerous for him.

Comment

Originally posted by King_
          Great thread, OP. I agree, Wlad did not get old. Fury is getting brutally KO'd
          I recall you claiming that Wlad would brutally KO him last time? What happened? lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            I recall you claiming that Wlad would brutally KO him last time? What happened? lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I did, and I'll admit, I underestimated the gravity of Wlads personal issues. Naturally, having so many issues at home led him to not completely being there in the ring. I mean, Fury did not beat him, Wlad just simply beat himself by not showing up to fight. That is evident by the fact that he did not throw any punches. That's all it was. It's tough to catapult that right hand when all you can do is think of your wife and kid.

Trust me, Wlad will absolutely obliterate Fury this time. Fury has not even tasted Wlads power, not because he did anything to neutralize Wlad; forcing him not to throw. But, because Wlad simply did not have the right mindset to throw any punches, believe me, if he did... Fury would of been on the canvas.

We'll see, do you fancy a points bet? All yours vs. all mine?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
              I did, and I'll admit, I underestimated the gravity of Wlads personal issues. Naturally, having so many issues at home led him to not completely being there in the ring. I mean, Fury did not beat him, Wlad just simply beat himself by not showing up to fight. That is evident by the fact that he did not throw any punches. That's all it was. It's tough to catapult that right hand when all you can do is think of your wife and kid.

Trust me, Wlad will absolutely obliterate Fury this time. Fury has not even tasted Wlads power, not because he did anything to neutralize Wlad; forcing him not to throw. But, because Wlad simply did not have the right mindset to throw any punches, believe me, if he did... Fury would of been on the canvas.

We'll see, do you fancy a points bet? All yours vs. all mine?
              Haha ok. But as the OP has stated, Wlad didn't throw any punches against Ibragimov, or Chambers, or Thompson. What's all that about?

Anyway, Wladimir's wife is still suffering from depression isn't she? She's in rehab right now. If Wladimir lost to Fury due to suffering from personal issues, wouldn't it make more sense for him to retire rather than facing Fury again & risking his legacy?

Still, i think your explanation makes more sense than Wlad's "i chose not to win" excuse.

Yeah we can have a points bet if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                If Tyson Fury can live with beating an old fart why cant any of you accept it? On a side note: even this washed up version can whoop Tyson Fury as I said and I will keep saying hes trash.
                He also said he beat the best Klitschko there ever was.

How about we live with that?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  I did, and I'll admit, I underestimated the gravity of Wlads personal issues.
                  This ladies and gentlemen is what we call utter and sheer delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Yes. Wlad aged since 2000.

What a mind blowing post.

Comment

I said it before the fight, even though i thought Wlad would eventually land big and stop Tyson, if you can take away Wlads jab you can pretty much nullify his whole offence.

For Wlad, everything comes off the jab. He probs and probes with it to keep stationary targets trapped until he lowers his hard right hand when it is completely safe to do so. He has that bs bouncy lead left he likes to throw, but for even a decently knowledgeable boxer they should see it coming from a mile off.

Fury was able to rob Wlad of any sort consistent jab success using inconsistent movement (inc. footwork angles and head movement), range, feints and, when he occasionally got trapped in corner, clinches.

Offensively, Wlad was lost. Defensively, he did fine, Fury hardly put a pasting on him, but overall did enough to win a clear decision.

For a similar fight (though a much higher level) watch Clay vs Liston I. Liston, like Wlad, used the jab as his primary way to open up offensive opportunities, he also had relatively static footwork (compared to Clay) and devastating power. Clay, like Fury, used an inconsistent and broken rhythm, angles, range and footwork to rob Liston of his best weapon and, against all odds, win the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X