No announcement yet.

12th round Klitschk-Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
    The thing is, for Wlad to win the re-match, he is going to have to let his damn hands go - when he did so in the 12th, he had success but he got clocked too.

So essentially, to win the re-match, he is going to have to go out of character and take risks and understand he is going to have to take heavy artillery back - and I don't think he can hack that kind of fight. It was not one that suited him in his prime years and it doesn't now. He is not going to win this fight doing what he has been doing for years. Fury is not scared or intimated by him at all and cannot be bullied by him.
    Now the real big question is, can Wlad engage more than 1 round and not gas out? He has nothing to lose in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
      Now the real big question is, can Wlad engage more than 1 round and not gas out? He has nothing to lose in a rematch.
      I don't think it's completely a stamina thing. In fact, I don't think it's even mostly a stamina thing. It's a risk thing. He doesn't want to get hit. He's coasted so long on his attributes - size, punching power, jab, clinches - that he didn't know how to fight differently, where every second action isn't a clinch.

I agree, in a re-match he has nothing to lose, and it would be a brilliant achievement to win the title. But old habits, the kind he's been using for 10 years, are hard to shake off. He will have to fight out of character for this fight.

Comment

Fury was hurt bad in the last round but Wlad doesn't gave it in him to put his foot on the gas and go crazy. Number 1 he doesn't have the bollocks like Vitali (no insults) and years of under-using hooks and uppercuts have mad him unable to take the many opportunities which were there last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          Fury was hurt bad in the last round but Wlad doesn't gave it in him to put his foot on the gas and go crazy. Number 1 he doesn't have the bollocks like Vitali (no insults) and years of under-using hooks and uppercuts have mad him unable to take the many opportunities which were there last night.
          Yeah I noticed that too!

For all who want to see, last round pay attention to Fury's body language. He was slipping, losing control

Comment

Working...
          X