Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: Americans don't want the Ward fight so what's the point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CASA DE COMBATE View Post
    His legacy will never be solidified as much as beating the guy that beat him, if thats not worthwhile then hes not the beast people make him out to be.
    As much as people hype him up you have to place Ward above him , styles make fights.
    I reckon Froch thinks that leaving in excess of 5M behind for a shot at Ward isn't worthwhile. Like it or not.

Comment

Thats a lame excuse Froch

Seems like Froch has no faith in himself against Ward

When you fight the best, you fight for the glory not the $$$

Froch has made a lot of money, fighting Ward in the US for glory and honour is bigger than any pay cheque

I think Froch simply is scared

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
        Wow there's a lot of Froch talk. The funny part about it is Froch created Groves. Groves almost beat Froch (then gets stopped) and gets his name all over hbo. Then Froch knocks out his create-a-character and he's ready for Ward.
        Groves fought his way to a mandatory spot, holds a W over DeGale. He's good, just not as good as Froch.

Comment

Well he's wrong in the sense that it doesn't matter what day it is he never beats ward,2 much skill for froch. But he is right in the sense that there is not public demand here in the states for a rematch. Such a shame that big time athlete like Andre ward a gold medalist is unknown to the casual american.

Comment

Froch v jnr would be the more entertaining fight.

Nobody want to watch ward.

Comment

I mean, I'll watch it but it won't exciting so what's the point?

Comment

The funny thing is Ward expects to be a PPV fighter, and he couldn't be further from it. If he carries on with that sense of entitlement he will never fight again.

As Eddie Hearn was saying, Froch - Ward II would need to be a dual PPV fight in America and UK, it's just not going to happen. Ward is an excellent fighter in what he does, but there is nothing entertaining about him. He couldn't sell out a high school gym hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Honestly it isn't... the only PPV opponent in the States he can get is Chavez Jr.
                  Damn thats bad! Its hard not to feel a little sorry for Ward, he's lost all of the momentum he had after winning the super six.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    I listened to this podcast this morning. He was basically saying Ward v Froch in the US isn't a PPV fight...and he's right.
                    Ward vs anybody isn't a ppv fight

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Damn thats bad! Its hard not to feel a little sorry for Ward, he's lost all of the momentum he had after winning the super six.
                      I don't like how Ward got one "win" vs Kessler in the tournament and then made a mockery of it by refusing to travel like everyone else did. The reason I write win with "" is because I don't really count that win for him. He head butted the **** outta Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                      X