Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will humans out grow religion and belief in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would we consider any entity 'God'?

If our universe was created by an alien species, do they become what we perceive as God?

I do not believe there is a God because there is no evidence for it and even if there was, he certainly wouldn't adhere to what any religion says. Religion is complete bullshit where as a 'God' isn't.

If 'God' is used to describe the entity/object that created our universe then it might be plausible that it exists. Ridicule religion but do not dismiss an ultimate creator.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Can we detect it? Can we measure it? What does this "sixth sense" detect? I mean sight detects light, smell and taste detect chemicals, hearing and touch detect physical disturbances, so what does the sixth sense detect?

As an idea of what I'm looking for, some animals hunt by detecting the electromegnetic structure of their prey's nervous systems while most species of snakes are able to detect heat by using a sensory pit on their snouts.

So naturally the sicth sense must detect something. What does it detect, and why hasn't anyone measured this yet?

On a side note: Twenty pages.
      You also cant measure a black hole in the universe . Sixth sense detects other dimensions. Faith lies in the sixth sense. That is the Channel God uses

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        Never. Theres a sixth sense that no matter how much you deny it . Its there. You can reason it out but it will still be there. Scienece doesnt have an explaination for everything. Thats because God has been baffling science before the word science was even made.
        It's interesting that you talk about a sixth sense. There was a recent study done on it, by scientists. It was a lagit study and what they found was very interesting.

They did many tests, but the one that stood out to me was the one where they had people blindfolded and then had other people look at them or stand behind them at a distance where they couldn't be detected in any way.

The success rate for people that "guessed" when people were looking at them or standing behind that was very high. I think it was avg at about 60+ percent. Which the scientists conducting the tests said was too high to be random results.

They also said it was not some magical "sixth sense" but in fact the bodies ability to detect the electrical aura that every human has around them. It could be that there's something in the brain that detects other aura's so to speak but we just don't know how to measure it.

Comment

You also cant measure a black hole in the universe.
          In what sense?

We can detect a black hole in a galaxy by measuring it's mass.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            In what sense?

We can detect a black hole in a galaxy by measuring it's mass.
            Its mass but not its gravity or density..

Comment

Its mass but not its gravity or density..
              Well no because that's when the theory begins to break down. But I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                It's interesting that you talk about a sixth sense. There was a recent study done on it, by scientists. It was a lagit study and what they found was very interesting.

They did many tests, but the one that stood out to me was the one where they had people blindfolded and then had other people look at them or stand behind them at a distance where they couldn't be detected in any way.

The success rate for people that "guessed" when people were looking at them or standing behind that was very high. I think it was avg at about 60+ percent. Which the scientists conducting the tests said was too high to be random results.

They also said it was not some magical "sixth sense" but in fact the bodies ability to detect the electrical aura that every human has around them. It could be that there's something in the brain that detects other aura's so to speak but we just don't know how to measure it.
                you call it aura i call it faith. Science just proves that God exists. they give it a different name. I call it miracle science calls it violating the laws of nature. Science continue to try to find the missing puzzles but those missing puzzles arent meant to be found. It takes more than intelligence. It take something God given.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Well no because that's when the theory begins to break down. But I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?
                  it was in reponse to squelpiggy question.

Comment

This sixth sense you keep talking about can be explained;

http://news.discovery.com/animals/sh...tor-120816.htm

I've only briefly glanced over the article, not sure how much information it gives. But it's the same reason why birds and turtles use the Earth's magnetic field as a GPS.

Comment

you call it aura i call it faith. Science just proves that God exists. they give it a different name. I call it miracle science calls it violating the laws of nature. Science continue to try to find the missing puzzles but those missing puzzles arent meant to be found. It takes more than intelligence. It take something God given.
                      Faith is believing in something with no evidence. I know that you are comfortable with that, I am not. I care too much about the truth to do that to myself.

Now as far as finding the missing pieces to the puzzle, I don't think science will ever find all the answers to the universe. I don't think that matters though, because the point isn't whether or not science can prove everything but why do you believe in a god that is invisible and you have no good proof of?

You cannot fault science for not knowing everything, then turn around and say "faith" is the reason I believe in god. It's a contradiction man,, plain and simple.

Now you can believe what you want and I'm sure it gives you confidence, strength and peace of mind. The only problem with that is, no matter what you believe, we are moving towards the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X