Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIGIOUS IMPORTANCE of Nations = SUCCESS OR FAILURE of Nations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Babble babble babble babble. What a lot of toss.

Ultimately there is a correlation between religiosity and poverty worldwide. Nations such as Qatar and Kuwait and to a lesser extent the USA are outliers, statistical anomalies. The overall trend is that religiosity correlates with poverty and secularism correlates with wealth.

But as is mentioned you have to be careful when conflating correlation with causation. Is it secularism that creates the wealth or does wealth tend to move societies towards secularism? Noticing a pattern is great, it tells us something about the world. Finding out why the pattern exists is the bigger part of the battle.
    That is a valid point, and Id say it is the latter part of your statement that is true.
    Last edited by Enayze; 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

religion is used to control the masses especially the poor and uneducated.

Instead of solving problems head on and trying to find a solution, uber religious countries turn to god instead of tackling the problem. The problems of the society and nation never get solved and instead religion is used as a band aid.

Religion stifles progress.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
        It's simple. Our religious >>> other countries religious nuts.

Our Religious people embrace the principles of Ayn Rand's self-rational interest and Capitalism. Even those that don't quite fully understand it. They don't let the Liberal hippy stuff about Jesus get in the way of Guns, property and profits.

And I appreciate that about America. We need more individualism and less whining.
        Yes Atlas Shrugged was a good book. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          you didnt destroy jack**** you religious ****tard.

My opening point and statistics still stand.
          The only thing you have proven in this thread is the inadequacy of the modern American Educational system.

It absolutely astounds me how even your failure to understand what you're reading doesn't give you pause and you continue to rant on.

I suppose that is related to the statistic that tells us that although your generation of Americans is lacking in the smarts department, they're number one in the world when it comes to self esteem.
          Last edited by res; 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
            The only thing you have proven in this thread is the inadequacy of the modern American Educational system.

It absolutely astounds me how even your failure to understand what you're reading doesn't give you pause and you continue to rant on.

I suppose that is related to statistic that tells us that although your generation of Americans is lacking in the smarts department, they're number one in the world when it comes to self esteem.

prove my opening post wrong.

ill wait.

Comment

prove my opening post wrong.

ill wait.
              Hey airhead, reread the thread .

The point was both made (by me) and then later confirmed by another poster who is far from sympathetic to religion.

Comment

Hey airhead, reread the thread .

The point was both made (by me) and then later confirmed by another poster who is far from sympathetic to religion.
                still waiting.

Comment

still waiting.
                  No, actually I'm waiting.

Comment

No, actually I'm waiting.
                    GTFO out of my thread. you havent proven **** and my OP still stands as strong as ever.

Comment

GTFO out of my thread. you havent proven **** and my OP still stands as strong as ever.
                      You're a moron, pick up a book and learn something about the world before you try to critique it.

Comment

Working...
                      X