Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fans Own The Sport, Start Acting Like It.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Whatever you say Amigo.

Steve Forbes beat "the majority" of his opponents. So did Peter McNeely.

Great argument.
    and the last time they were the among best and most exciting fighters of their division?

I'm guessing you didn't want Tony whoop Miguel,

because he was such a punching bag eh?

Comment

i buy ppv for fights i want to see or fighters i want to see.

don't give a damn about the rest of you whether you like the fight or not.

only give a **** about what i like.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt View Post
          Fights need to be builded up. Sure some fights are milked more than they should, but if it was your way the first quarter of the year would have great fights and the rest of the year would be irrelevant.

If your a fan, start acting like it and enjoy the fights made and the build up to the big fights. Your the problem in with this sport, to many people biitching and bashing boxers.
          why can't there be a big/good/meaningful fight every month? if i'm not mistaken, theres more weight classes than months in a year. maybe you're right though. we should all act like fans and be thankful for fights like berto vs rodgriguez/forbes/urango, bradley vs abregu, most ppv undercards, etc to hype us up for something really great. promoters' have a mentality if it ain't broke, dont fix it. i totally agree with the TS. if everyone keeps supporting mismatches and fights unworthy of ppv, thats all we're ever gonna get.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post

honestly this was almost as motivational as the TS opening reply......almost

Comment

I'll spend my money on whatever I want to. It's my money.

Comment

I Second that!

Boycott Pac vs Margarito

Boycott Haye vs Fraudley

Boycott Mayweather vs (designated bum)

If you pay money for these fights you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Wise up muther****ers and do what is right.

Demand real fights, after all you are paying real $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yeah I know it sucks a big fat dick to go out on a Saturday night knowing a big fight is happening right behind your back but it's not as if you don't know the winner of these bull**** matchups before the night begins.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Not the fighters, not the managers, not the promoters. As long as you refuse to stand up for the sport you love you are going to continue to be force fed these bull**** fights.
                I actually agree with everything u stated in this post but there is only one problem! Its so hard as a true boxing fan not to want to see fights period! If we boycott these fights, how long do u think it would take to actually get the fights we really wanna see. I feel that part of the problem lies with the fighters themselves. Back in the day, The best fought the best because they would not have it any other way themselves. They truly wanted to prove their greatness, they wanted to prove how dominant they were by facing the very best and beating them. How many fighters can we say this about today. I can't really think of any. I love Money May as a fighter but he has never pushed himself the way I think his talent would allow him to. Manny is the most exciting fighter out there because of his style but he is not pushing himself either! These two are considered the best in the sport and even they are not pushing the issue of facing the very best in competition. As far as this theory that BIG fights have to be built and it taking awhile for those fights to be made, LOOK how long its currently taking to make these fights. Roy Jones jr vs Calzaghe , Roy vs Hopkins 2, Mayweather vs Mosley all mega bouts took way too long to finally be made! If the fighters themself say enough is enough I want to fight all real true bonified fighters and champions then we will get the fights we want! Because at the end of the day its up to the fighters who they fight outside of mandatory challenges. Will some of our heros lose, yeah but only to other great top level fighters, just like the old days. It does not matter if you lose to greatness because fighting greatness in a sense make you GREAT!

Comment

Boycott Pac vs Margarito

Boycott Haye vs Fraudley

Boycott Mayweather vs (designated bum)

If you pay money for these fights you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Wise up muther****ers and do what is right.

Demand real fights, after all you are paying real $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yeah I know it sucks a big fat dick to go out on a Saturday night knowing a big fight is happening right behind your back but it's not as if you don't know the winner of these bull**** matchups before the night begins.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Not the fighters, not the managers, not the promoters. As long as you refuse to stand up for the sport you love you are going to continue to be force fed these bull**** fights.
                  You assume that you are an expert on what boxing fans want to see yet you try to influence other`s choice which you, in reality are not qualified to change. There are freedom of choices, something you can never dictate, which in reality just reflects your ignorance.
                  Last edited by ThunderWolf; 08-26-2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X