Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rances Barthelemy Drops, Decisions Relikh in WBA Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbery, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mjgaz6 View Post
      I had Barthelemy winning comfortably 116 - 111. Stopping listening to the announcers so much. Al Bernstein one-sided commentary. Relikh had a slow jab and most of his punches were feathery. Barthelemy threw much harder punches and had two legitimate knockdowns. Clearly the more talented of the two fighters in my opinion
      Don't tell me what I didn't see with my own eyes are you serious. House fighter special gift decision you don't know shyt about boxing. Wow.. Wait a minute you're a pbc fan boy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Barthelemy also scored a knockdown. Do you think it's conceivable a fair and honest judge would've given the decision to Rances? Your score would seem to indicate so.
        I think it should have either been a draw or a Relikh win. Lest we not forget that the low blows were not counted like they should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          I think it should have either been a draw or a Relikh win. Lest we not forget that the low blows were not counted like they should have been.
          Like I said, I haven't seen the fight. But let's assume Barthelemy should've been penalized. The fact that the referee didn't do so means the judges cannot take it upon themselves to factor penalties into their score. That's not how it works.

Cuban friends of mine have told me the fight was close, and that Rances probably should've been penalized. But this isn't the only thread where a professional boxing writer thought Barthelemy won the fight. I'm very curious to form my own opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X