Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Ward's recent performances been a ruse to shock Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Ward's recent performances been a ruse to shock Kovalev?

I'm a massive Ward fan but his recent performances have me a bit worried that he hasn't found his rhythm and form leading up to this Kovalev bout.

I have no doubt that prime Ward takes Kovalev to school but lately he hasn't looked as fast and fluid as he did during the super six, I still favor him to beat Kovalev but his recent performances have me a little concerned.

Does anyone else think Ward could have been taking it easy on Brand, Smith and Barrera? Like he's been beasting out in sparring but during fight night he tries to give the impression he's not the same guy when in all actuality he's just dusting off the cobwebs....

Just my thoughts guys

I doubt it. Honestly I think he took too many tune up fights.

There is just no real way to prepare for a guy like Kovalev. At this point he is just going to have to depend on his skillset and experience.

Comment

What did he do in those fights that looked bad? Specifically.
      He toyed with Brand the entire time and hit him at will. Barrera landed like 15% of his punches. I think people are confusing the fact that Kovalev is better than those guys with the idea that Ward somehow looked bad. He looked amazing, against uninspiring competition. Don't be fooled into twisting those up.

Comment

If that's the case then Kovalev hasn't been 100% for his recent fights either.

Comment

Working...
        X