No announcement yet.

100% of ground beef has poop in it!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    A black man shirtless chained up in your signature. What were you thinking?
    Well...let's see...Ronda Rousey about to penetrate his rectum with a big white dildo? Yes...I think that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      Because it makes a badass hamburger. Plus it's just Choice from the local chain supermarket. So I wouldn't eat it if I wanted steak. You need Dry Age Prime for that.

you do not need dry aged prime cuts of steak to have a decent meal

gtfo

i cook bomb steaks and i rarely, if ever buy prime. i age them myself in my fridge for a day, and then i let them sit on my countertop in a clean plate to get to room temp. you can get a very good cut of choice meat if you are picky and take your time to find the best looking cut in the store.

i make a terrific steak on my stovetop, and finish it in my oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        whatever, it's cow poop. they eat grass.

we're in contact with another man's poop every day. opened a door recently? pumped gas? handled money? think of all the fat 'Murican slobs out there who only use toilet paper to clean themselves and don't wash their hands...

grass fed beef is really expensive. it looks different, tastes different. most of the ground beef in america is raised on gigantic farms in the middle of the country, and the cows are fed corn.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          you do not need dry aged prime cuts of steak to have a decent meal

gtfo

i cook bomb steaks and i rarely, if ever buy prime. i age them myself in my fridge for a day, and then i let them sit on my countertop in a clean plate to get to room temp. you can get a very good cut of choice meat if you are picky and take your time to find the best looking cut in the store.

i make a terrific steak on my stovetop, and finish it in my oven.
          That's true. You can find some well marbled choice steaks if you look hard enough or just get lucky. I have aged steaks in my fridge before too. Actually aging 48 hours works best. Gives it a much deeper flavor and improves the crust. Unless you buy puney little thin steaks.

It does comes out great but I just don't have time for that anymore. I want a steak without eating out I get it that day at my local butcher. Prime, dry aged. But if your happy with yours, cool.
          Last edited by racer59; 08-29-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
            That's true. You can find some well marbled choice steaks if you look hard enough or just get lucky. I have aged steaks in my fridge before too. Actually aging 48 hours works best. Gives it a much deeper flavor and improves the crust. Unless you buy puney little thin steaks.

It does comes out great but I just don't have time for that anymore. I want a steak without eating out I get it that day at my local butcher. Prime, dry aged. But if your happy with yours, cool.
            Yea when I realized getting a nice choice cut, never mind prime grade, was better than restaurants, I stopped eating out as much. At least for steak. Getting high quality in a restaurant you have to pay 70-80 bucks minimum. It's just not worth it and chances are it's not seasoned as good as I do it. I rather just spend that money on drinks out rather than food.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              Thinking about having a burger for dinner? Cool, great choice! Follow-up question: do you enjoy the taste of poop?

A new study conducted by Consumer Reports analyzed nearly 500lbs of ground beef from grocery stores in 26 US cities and found that all of it contained bacteria that signified fecal contamination -- which, in addition to being gross, can cause blood infections or UTIs. The study also found that conventionally produced beef is twice as likely to be contaminated by superbugs (dangerous bacteria resistant to three or more classes of antibiotics) than sustainably raised beef.

According to the report, almost 20% of the ground beef contained C. perfringens, which causes nearly 1 million cases of food poisoning per year, and 10% had a strain of S. aureus bacteria, which produces a toxin that can make you sick (it also can't be destroyed, even if you cook the beef at the recommended 160° F).

Only 1% of the ground beef contained salmonella -- but before you breathe a sigh of relief, Urvashi Rangan, executive director of the Center for Food Safety and Sustainability at Consumer Reports says, "extrapolate that to the billions of pounds of ground beef we eat every year, and that’s a lot of burgers with the potential to make you sick." There's no winning here!

Consumer Reports suggests looking for labels like "no antibiotics" or "grass-fed organic" when buying ground beef. It notes that while sustainably raised beef is more expensive, it's ultimately the safest choice (as well as the most humane).

Also, sadly, your nose isn't going to help you. "There’s no way to tell by looking at a package of meat or smelling it whether it has harmful bacteria or not," Rangan says. "You have to be on guard every time." The report suggests keeping your raw meat away from other foods and cooking it to at least medium (160° F). Unfortunately for medium-rare lovers, eating anything cooked bloodier than that is risky.

For the record, this in no way means we're switching to veggie burgers.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...on-study-finds
              jokes on you i grind my own meat so your "100%" figure is a little off

Comment

Working...
              X