Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Champion fighting once a year shouldn't be allowed unless your injured(cough cotto)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Champion fighting once a year shouldn't be allowed unless your injured(cough cotto)

I hated it when Floyd did it back in the day(2009-2012), hated it when leonard did it late in his career, and now I hate it that cotto is doing it.idk something about fighting once a year bothers the crap out of me, it feels like the fighter is just taking advantage of being a champion and holding the thing on for dear life. 2 fights is fine, but once a year is just insane. a lot can happen in 6 months, but A LOT can happen in a year.

So when things like the champ gets a prefight before they have to face an approved fight happens, a champion has two years to wait instead of facing him that year. He is probably just hoping for that guy to lose because the number 1 contender has to constantly prove himself. its bull. That number one contender deserves that shot and shouldn't have to wait long to get it. it feels this way with cotto now, maybe this is just me as a boxing fan wanting to see more fights but i think sanctioning bodies need to be a lot tougher on a fighters activity.

Floyd was allowed to reschedule his catchweight fight against marquez even if he was not injured

Even the court changed his jail time sched.

so with this I think cotto is okay

Comment

Cotto is a bum. The real champ at 160 is Gennady Golovkin.

GGG to Cotto in a Shannon Briggs like voice. "I'M THE CHAMP, AND YOU THE CHUMP!!!!!"

Comment

you didnt mention how hes been fighting injured fighters who were looking for money

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post

GGG to Cotto in a Shannon Briggs like voice. "I'M THE CHAMP, AND YOU THE CHUMP!!!!!"
          I won't argue that people are in a rush to fight GGG. I also won't argue that GGG is the man to beat at 60... But Cotto's win over Sergio ****s all over anything Golovkin has done in the division ..period! Calling Cotto a bum does nothing because when he finally does fight GGG and if GGG wins (I believe he will) ... Then what? Chalk it up to another "bum" on his resume ? If Cotto is all that's left and he's a bum,GGG may as well go to 68 now and test the waters... Some competitive fights to be made and I don't think there's as much fear for him @68

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post

Impossible!

If the Cotto bum

Broner is diarrhoea!

Comment

Working...
            X