Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime reach out to artist Dan Cassarro for Mayhem artwork. Look at his response.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so lets make it real clear for the morons:

believe it or not, you know that horizon you see from the barred window? Actually that is the street because you are in Mom's basement, but if you just turn the computer off a second and stop masturbating to Showtime I will xplain.

Some people want more than a free room, internet service and handouts....they have something called drive and talent...look it up on Google. These people do not have mom's basment to live in, they even pay for their own internet connection!!

These people actually earn a living (like Mom does) and expect to be compensated for their hard won talent, dedication and commitment to a craft. It is insulting to these people to belittle them with an offer that is beneath them....I am sure that if the local charity for battered women asked this artist for some pro bono work (Free of charge) he would oblige, but Showtime has lots of money thats right!!! almost as much as mom!!!!! They can afford to pay for services rendered...It is arrogant to treat a paid professional like a stupid fanboy that lives in mom's basement DO YOU GET IT NOW!!? Idiots?

And yeah....I MAD, my feelings have been hurted, the stupidity here is maddening, no wonder we live in a world where corporations rule people's lives, where the sheeple do as they are told and where people with talent are left out on a limb instead of being encouraged. As long as idiots let Shotime and other congloms get a way with this arrogant BS it reflects on how all of us are treated.
    Last edited by billeau2; 08-16-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Ok so lets make it real clear for the morons:

believe it or not, you know that horizon you see from the barred window? Actually that is the street because you are in Mom's basement, but if you just turn the computer off a second and stop masturbating to Showtime I will xplain.

Some people want more than a free room, internet service and handouts....they have something called drive and talent...look it up on Google. These people do not have mom's basment to live in, they even pay for their own internet connection!!

These people actually earn a living (like Mom does) and expect to be compensated for their hard won talent, dedication and commitment to a craft. It is insulting to these people to belittle them with an offer that is beneath them....I am sure that if the local charity for battered women asked this artist for some pro bono work (Free of charge) he would oblige, but Showtime has lots of money thats right!!! almost as much as mom!!!!! They can afford to pay for services rendered...It is arrogant to treat a paid professional like a stupid fanboy that lives in mom's basement DO YOU GET IT NOW!!? Idiots?

And yeah....I MAD, my feelings have been hurted, the stupidity here is maddening, no wonder we live in a world where corporations rule people's lives, where the sheeple do as they are told and where people with talent are left out on a limb instead of being encouraged. As long as idiots let Shotime and other congloms get a way with this arrogant BS it reflects on how all of us are treated.
      The problem is a lot of the people you are talking to dont have real jobs or careers and they cannot possibly understand what you are saying.

If someone ever asked me to work for a lucky dip prize I would laugh in their face.

Comment

• People in this thread don't seem to realize that if he actually did enter this "contest," he would probably not even win, and would have wasted many hours of his professional time designing something for absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, he has rent to pay, other clients to attend to, and actual paying work to be done.

This type of contest isn't anything new. We were learning about how to avoid it back when I was in art school, and that was just under ten years ago. It's usually reserved for overtly-illegitimate businesses who would then turn around and have someone in-house go through all the submissions, steal ideas from the good ones and design something themselves based on those ideas. It's a very old practice and it's a no-brainer (at least to anyone with a little common sense) that you wouldn't even give that email the time of day. He just happened to respond to it, tweeted about it, and got some attention.

Dan did the smart thing and actually got more press from his tweet than he ever would have from losing some "contest" for a boxing event poster.

The real question here is - why is Showtime, of all people, not working with a stable of designers already?

Comment

• Greatest thread that exposed alot of posters

Comment

• I don't mean this in a disrespectful manner, but who is this guy? Sincerely.

If he is a professional, making a reasonable amount of money already, the offer is insulting and I support his response. If he is up and coming, he's a bit of a twit; for an unknown, it is actually a pretty good opportunity to get his work out there, an opportunity to network and something that would look tremendous on his CV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Interloper View Post
              People in this thread don't seem to realize that if he actually did enter this "contest," he would probably not even win, and would have wasted many hours of his professional time designing something for absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, he has rent to pay, other clients to attend to, and actual paying work to be done.

This type of contest isn't anything new. We were learning about how to avoid it back when I was in art school, and that was just under ten years ago. It's usually reserved for overtly-illegitimate businesses who would then turn around and have someone in-house go through all the submissions, steal ideas from the good ones and design something themselves based on those ideas. It's a very old practice and it's a no-brainer (at least to anyone with a little common sense) that you wouldn't even give that email the time of day. He just happened to respond to it, tweeted about it, and got some attention.

Dan did the smart thing and actually got more press from his tweet than he ever would have from losing some "contest" for a boxing event poster.

The real question here is - why is Showtime, of all people, not working with a stable of designers already?
              Because Showtime is expected to lose money in this fight.

And you're right, this is the stuff they try to pull on desperate students to get free work out of them. Dan's been in the business for a long time now and Showtime could have just commissioned him for a piece, but they treated him like he was desperate.

His response is a bit unprofessional. I would have just told Showtime to pay me for a painting, but what Showtime did was also unprofessional. They wanted free work and Dan being an artist has no doubt experience a lot of people/companies asking for free work. He's skin is thinner for this BS because he's tired of it.

If I was an artist and that's how much Showtime valued my work, I too would have told them to **** off.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                The problem is a lot of the people you are talking to dont have real jobs or careers and they cannot possibly understand what you are saying.

If someone ever asked me to work for a lucky dip prize I would laugh in their face.
                But...but....but its its SHOWTIME!

Comment

• Why would you even want to be in a contest that involves a mismatch-making network? Showtime's rep is at an all time low right now. They're spending millions making mismatches and they can't even pay a few thousand dollars for their ads?

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    I don't mean this in a disrespectful manner, but who is this guy? Sincerely.

If he is a professional, making a reasonable amount of money already, the offer is insulting and I support his response. If he is up and coming, he's a bit of a twit; for an unknown, it is actually a pretty good opportunity to get his work out there, an opportunity to network and something that would look tremendous on his CV.
                    Heres what you are not seeing clearly...and take it from someone who has looked at CV's and managed different groups....If an "Up and comer" put this on their Curriculum Vitae or Resume, what I would see is someone who is
                    a) a sellout- who has no confidance in his product so will let it go for a chance, with little regard for who the chance is with...Resume filler.
                    b) a person who is a sap, because if he/she thinks the product he/she is offering is free then why should I want to pay a good wage for it?

There are exceptions, if this was for a cause, or, I often teach kids Ju Jutsu and I do not take money because some things are too important, or are designed to be a gift....Heres another example:

Some years bacK there was a Guardian Angel's street patrol that formed in San Francisco. Well....Many martial artists taught the Angels for exposure....problem was what they got was a lot of free, bad martial arts instruction. You see my point?

Shotime deserved to be hung out to dry, frankly they shouls be ashamed of themselves...as for "who this guy is"? Do you know who Strativarious was? So? Its irrelevant. You don't have to have a reputation to uphold integrity, and to believe in your product.

Comment

Working...
                    X