Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should GGG be pound for pound number 1 if he beats jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, as Chocolatito has dominated several divisions, and recently beat an excellent strapholder in his 4th division.

Anyways, wouldn't any answer have to be "depends"

What if he loses a majority of the rounds to Jacobs, but then gets the decision, ala Ward-Kovalev,

Different results can mean different things.

What if he thoroughly dominates Jacobs. If he does, I could possibly see him rising from my #4 to my #2,

but probably not, as I respect Kovalev's & Ward's high level p4p v. p4p fight more than I would a defeat of Jacobs, who is an excellent MW contender, but not a p4p type dude

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      If Jacobs wins, should he vault into the top 5 p4p ranks?
      yes he should......

Comment

I would have to say no

Comment

PPV is subjective, but you can make a case of GGG being one of the few fighters really willing to fight anyone at this weight class.

But is not easy to determine the #1.... you can determine the best of each division I think and that's it. Those who are dominant will make the top5 but people won't agree on #1.
          Last edited by _Maxi; 02-06-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

He will never be P4P #1 as long as Lomachenko exists. Vasyl is simply a superior boxer and seems set on facing decent opposition every outing now

Comment

While he is obviously one of the best in the world imo. He needs better opposition. So even though I'm one that gives more credit based on the the eye test than resume when it comes to a p4p. I would have to say no. There are several guys that I think are better overall fighters and they have better resumes in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                i cant think of any....
                Who did he beat for those belts?
                Crawford fought and dominated better fighters then ggg and he unified as well

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                  Who did he beat for those belts?
                  Crawford fought and dominated better fighters then ggg and he unified as well
                  just look at my sig.. he says crawford needs balls.. but not gg for some reason lol

Comment

no but hes a good fighter hopefully if he beats Jacobs he can beat another live dawg n then we can put him in the top 5

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      yes he should......
                      so Crawford should move up but GGG shouldn't? its some big dawgs there as well

Comment

Working...
                      X