No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter Says 'Golovkin Schools Canelo'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Porter Says 'Golovkin Schools Canelo'

Also talks about GGG-Jacobs and facing Golovkin in the amateurs. Doesn't pick a winner for GGG-Jacobs but seems to favour Golovkin. Says that facing Golovkin several times in the amateurs with Team USA convinced him that he was the real deal.

Golovkin was good in amateurs, but the difference is that Golovkin is aging and his reflexes will be on decline soon and Canelo is probably yet to peak his prime

At this moment, I'd pick Golovkin to win, but I definitely won't be so sure after 1-2 years from now

Comment

Interesting and unbiased opinion from someone in the trade who actually watched Golovkin early on. He's in Jacobs corner when it comes to Golovkin but it looks like he favors GGG. He has no doubt Golovkin would beat Canelo and said so without hesitation. Thanks for posting that interview.

Comment

kenny porter is rooting for jacobs but he knows what's up. good stuff doc.

Comment

Kenny Porter said something positive about GGG. I guess he is no longer part of the demographic.

Comment

kenny porter speaks the truth.I think ****nelo wont be completely dominated he'll be competitive early in the fight before getting stopped.

Comment

50/50 fight power wise but I think GGGeez pressure confuses n frustrates Jacobs and geggee winz

people sleep on canelos skill for some reason but I really don't know how that fight plays out 3xg is aging

Comment

For me Canelo looks like a good counterpuncher and he has very fluid combinations. However he doesn't have an especially good jab and it would be difficult for him to find a rhythm with Golovkin constantly jabbing him in the face. If Golovkin is the one applying the pressure, does he have the gas tank to stay sharp for 12 rounds? Not sure about that either. He hasn't shown a great workrate to date.

Power is another concern for Canelo. Miguel Cotto was right in front of him for pretty much the whole fight, and he never looked too shook by Canelo's power despite the size difference. Golovkin is a good bit more hittable than Cotto but the point remains.

If Golovkin found himself in a situation here he was walking in straight up like Angulo then Canelo's fluidity and combinations would win him the fight. But I don't see Golovkin wading in, leading with wide hooks against Canelo. Not unless he feels there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Golovkin haters... IN RUINS. hahaha too much information here...

Kenny Porter:
                  "I know Golovkin is the real deal since I saw him in the amateurs. He beat a lot of our guys from the US team. He beat us easily, and he beat us bad..."

Comment

Kenny Porter always gives it to you straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X