Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Rigo beat Donaire Arum called him boring, when Loma beat Walters he's Matrix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo did stunk up the place and made people exit the doors when he fought a cab driver named Agbeko.

Comment

Do you have proves of Arum calling Rigo boring after the Donaire fight?
      I don't recall any serious person doing that, it was a masterful performance.
      I thought that the first 5 rounds of the Loma-Walters fight were boring, no one did much, but you are discrediting Walters by calling him quitter based on what he did DURING AND AFTER the fight, that's like saying that the Donaire victory is irrelevant because of the performance of Donaire, Walters was a solid opponent regardless of the performance he did, and the fact that Loma actually broke him was itself impressive.

Comment

Rigo is phenomenal -- dude is a master craftsman. But he's defensive wizardry. Lomachenko is a lot more active and offensive minded than Rigo is.

That said, Arum's remarks are pretty out of bounds in regards to Rigondeaux. I think it's disrespectful calling a dominant winner & elite at its highest level boxer like Rigo "boring".

Comment

Rigo is fine with the right type of opponent. If he gets a guy who brings a fight to him, he looks great.

If he fights a guy who is hesitant, well he gets hesitant himself. The fight turns into a stinker.

Loma has been unexciting a time or two himself, but for the most part, seems to be turning into a more offensive pro style. Rigo is too stubborn to go into that gear.

Comment

I mean, i agree with ****ting on Arum for his post Rigo donaire meltdown. But these were two very different fights.

Big difference was that when Loma got in control vs Walters, he put his foot down. When Rigo got in control vs Donaire, he eased off (until he got dropped).

That attitude difference is always going to be important to fans and promoters

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              loma and rigo fight nothing alike. although i havent seen the donaire fight so i can't compare those directly.

Comment

It was a masterpiece of a performance. I wish Rigo would let his hands go. he has the power to hurt his opponents.

Comment

Is this another thread created just to downplay boxers? Rigo was called boring because Donaire was a cash cow comparing to him. tbf, Bob is right, Rigo is only non-boring when fighting aggressive fighter. Spare me sweet science esthetics – 5 punches per round without any action is not boxing I'm gonna to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Rigo did stunk up the place and made people exit the doors when he fought a cab driver named Agbeko.
                    I was there at that fight in atlantic city and rigo's performance was dreadful tons of people left during rigo's fight first time I have ever seen it happen.I knew that soon rigo would be banned from the major tv networks lol.thank goodness for tapia vs james kirkland on the undercard that saved the night and was a hell of a fight! on a side note agbeko was no cab driver still doesn't excuse rigo's ugly performance.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      I was there at that fight in atlantic city and rigo's performance was dreadful tons of people left during rigo's fight first time I have ever seen it happen.I knew that soon rigo would be banned from the major tv networks lol.thank goodness for tapia vs james kirkland on the undercard that saved the night and was a hell of a fight! on a side note agbeko was no cab driver still doesn't excuse rigo's ugly performance.
                      I remember he was getting booed and started to chase Agbeko in the later rounds just to give the impression that he's going for a KO. Funny part was he's still scared to take a risk and wasn't throwing anything. He's still waiting for punches to counter. Of course, Agbeko was in survival mode and stopped letting his hands go. Bottom line is, it's his sole right to be on the defense, and the opponent always has the obligation to be the aggressor so he can shine.

Comment

Working...
                      X