No announcement yet.

Now You See Why Floyd Wanted No Part Of Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    Imagine Chino only with 4" more of height, 4" of reach, better chin, more relentless, better stamina, more skilled.

Floyd's ****ing nightmare right there. Smart choice to duck him, extended his career and record by a lot
    Really!!!!

One word SLOW!!!!

Floyd years ago, would have boxed circles around a plodding, wide punching fighter like Margarito. Go back to the tape with TaTa vs Floyd and Floyd didn't even have a corner that night. It would have been worst because Margarito is slower than Tata Baldomir.

Maidana is faster, more rugged and more flexible that Margarito & Baldomir .....

Comment

Yes, I've always known that this style - volume punching, good chin, constant pressure, good power - means a Mayweather loss. Maidana looked good in there tonight, but he has some conditioning issues. Also, the fact that they made Maidana wear pillows, and not his usual MX puncher's glove, changed the outcome of this fight. Chavez beats him, Margarito beats. They would make him feel very uncomfortable in there. Imagine a 1,000 punch per fight Margarito against Mayweather. Beatdown.

Comment

Margarito was much, much, much slower and not as awkward as Maidana. Different fight.

Comment

They fight nothing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Margarito was much, much, much slower and not as awkward as Maidana. Different fight.
            I think you're exagerrating just a bit. Chino's no Sugar Ray Leonard out there. I don't think Tony was that much slower than him. Plus he was more skilled than Marcos- wasn't light on his feet but knew how to cut off a ring, had a nice jab and greater variety of punches (uppercuts, bodywork).

There's a reason Floyd wanted no part of that fight. They were promoted by the same guy. Floyd was offered a then career payday. Tony even tracked this dude down to challenge him face-to-face.

Floyd respectfully declined. He knew the deal. Matchup nightmare.

Comment

The only good punch floyd landed was the occasional right hand pull counter

That wouldn't work on Margarito because hes too tall

Prime Margarito beats the hell outta any version of floyd, xylocaine or not

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                I think you're exagerrating just a bit. Chino's no Sugar Ray Leonard out there. I don't think Tony was that much slower than him. Plus he was more skilled than Marcos- wasn't light on his feet but knew how to cut off a ring, had a nice jab and greater variety of punches (uppercuts, bodywork).

There's a reason Floyd wanted no part of that fight. They were promoted by the same guy. Floyd was offered a then career payday. Tony even tracked this dude down to challenge him face-to-face.

Floyd respectfully declined. He knew the deal. Matchup nightmare.
                If it wasn't apparent already, it should be now - Margarito/Williams would be hell for Floyd. Too scared to even make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Was Floyd 37 8 years ago? Because I could have sworn he was in his 20's then.
                  No reason to bring common sense into this conversation. This isn't that kind of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    If it wasn't apparent already, it should be now - Margarito/Williams would be hell for Floyd. Too scared to even make the fight.
                    Floyd couldn't make da fites doe. He was "retired" during the time of prime Margarito and Williams.

Comment

I don't know about Margo, I really thought that Maidana's awkwardness troubled Floyd. The guy is a natural puncher and can get off regardless of where his feet are. He's like Pacqiauo and Prince Naseem in that sense. I always though that Floyd would have schooled Manny back in 09 but watching this fight has made me think otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X