If Schaefer makes Matthysse-Khan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    da fuck are you talking about
    You said Garcia laid the blueprint on how to catch Khan. I'm saying Peterson did too.

You're pretty much insinuating that Lucas would be using Garcia's tactic of looking for counters. I'm saying Lucas could use Peterson's tactic of going inside on him, and roughing him up, except Lucas would have the power to take Khan out, instead of a controversial decision, like the Peterson fight.

IMO, that's a better formula, and no, Khan wouldn't last 12 rounds if Lucas used that game plan.
    Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-19-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      You said Garcia laid the blueprint on how to catch Khan. I'm saying Peterson did too.

You're pretty much insinuating that Lucas would be using Garcia's tactic of looking for counters. I'm saying Lucas could use Peterson's tactic of going inside on him, and roughing him up, except Lucas would have the power to take Khan out, instead of a controversial decision, like the Peterson fight.

IMO, that's a better formula, and no, Khan wouldn't last 12 rounds if Lucas used that game plan.
      I gotcha but Khan would fight a different fight doubt he stays in the pocket he will respect Lucas power and constantly be on the move speed will give Mattysse problems and I don't think he is good at cutting off the ring

he will probably time and counter Khan when he falls in love with his handspeed

Comment

I agree that Matthysse-Garcia should be next but i have a feeling they will protect Danny for at least another fight. And Khan is willing to fight anyone so I think that fight could happen first.

Comment

will bet the bank on lucas if he fights khan easy money

Comment

Khan will have some early success if he can capitalize on them early ala Maidana, he could win, but the left hook that floored Peterson sends Khan into retirement. After i saw that left hook, i knew there's no way Khan takes this fight; however, if he does, the man has a damn big heart!

Comment

I gotcha but Khan would fight a different fight doubt he stays in the pocket he will respect Lucas power and constantly be on the move speed will give Mattysse problems and I don't think he is good at cutting off the ring

he will probably time and counter Khan when he falls in love with his handspeed
              Good point. I could definitely see that happening.

You think Khan has improved so much, that a guy like Lucas couldn't get a hold of him, and start battering him?

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Good point. I could definitely see that happening.

You think Khan has improved so much, that a guy like Lucas couldn't get a hold of him, and start battering him?
                Khan would have to fight a perfect fight in order to beat mathysse. If he could find the Khan that beat Judah/Kotelnik/Maidana I would perhaps give him a 40-50% chance of winning. But he's been exposed so much lately, his opponents know they can get him going with a single shot. Khans advisors need to stay clear of Mathysse at the moment. They shouldn't get near it.

But Khan would take it, no doubt. It's sort of the same situation as it was in '10 when most people thought he was ducking Maidana who had a similar record to Lucas. Only, this time Khan isn't champion and people are fearing for his life!

"911?. I'm at the Khan-Mathysse fight. You need to stop this abuse"

Comment

Khan can survive the 12 rounds I think he has decent conditioning and if he improves on it he would have a chance but IMO he gets caught Garcia showed the blueprint on how to catch Khan
                  Blueprint?
                  He's been caught by every recent opponent.
                  Da fuq u on about.

Comment

Khan better bring a blanket and a pillow to the ring.

He's going to need them before 10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                      Blueprint?
                      He's been caught by every recent opponent.
                      Da fuq u on about.
                      Dude what are you on about? Every fighter gets caught by their opponent if they fight any decent opposition. It's all about how you react to getting caught.

Danny most def showed everyone how vulnerable Khan is to the left hook. Before they thought he was susceptible to the uppercut.

Comment

Working...
                      X