Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Says Thompson is Perfect Foe To World Stage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Says Thompson is Perfect Foe To World Stage

David Price believes victory over Tony Thompson next month will catapult him to the next level.

The British heavyweight champion takes on his first international foe of note in the American, who lost to Wladimir Klitschko in his last fight in July.

Price has been moved steadily up the ranks by promoter Frank Maloney but 2013 is the year the Liverpudlian could become a world title contender, and beating 41-year-old Thompson is a big leap in the right direction.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm an English boxing fan who is STILL not convinced by Price.

He has mad power but I have suspicions about his whiskers.

I would love to be wrong though. I still want him & Fury to win versions of the 'world' title & then fight each other at Old Trafford next year.

I'd fly home for that one.

Comment

Price K.O in 3.....Thompson won't play with this haymaker......youtube video exposes the lamer Price........Tony has the jab to knock Price out within 3.......poor David Haye......he is using Price as a stepping stone to the Klits.....he needs to stfu and deal with life on life's terms

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post

I would love to be wrong though. I still want him & Fury to win versions of the 'world' title & then fight each other at Old Trafford next year.

You're not alone.

Comment

Add me to that list.

Theres a BLATENT whiff of glass about him, and he'll more than likely get derailed soon

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Add me to that list.

Theres a BLATENT whiff of glass about him, and he'll more than likely get derailed soon
            I don't necessarily agree with that, but he's def vulnerable.

I agree, but isn't that what makes him so exciting also? That he has one of the best straight rights in the business, but he's also vulnerable.

Comment

he hasn't fought above domestic level yet. thompson is at world level but he's 41. if the fight goes rounds it will be good for price's developement but if he blows him out will we get too excited about the guy? he hasn't fought anyone who has a reputation of having a granite chin nor has he fought anyone who has a serious knockout punch. there are questions that need to be answered. we have seen fury beat 2 fringe contenders, get dropped & get up, go 12 rounds, box southpaw for a fight, etc. all the questions have been answered to this point with fury(i believe a real puncher will knock fury out)& he is an interesting person to say the least. we will soon see what price is made of. if he beats thompson then i'd like to see him fight a prime contender like arreola, helenius or pulev. this is how you see where price fits in the division. the same can be said about fury.

Comment

This 'stiff idiot' needs to stop fighting men over 40.

But in all seriousness. Next time, someone younger...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
                  This 'stiff idiot' needs to stop fighting men over 40.

But in all seriousness. Next time, someone younger...
                  This^. I am so tired of boxers hyping their fights about being ready to fight for a title because they are taking on a 41 year old fighter who looked abysmal in his last outing. I like Price, but I'm ready to see him in against a viable threat.

Comment

Thompson is the perfect guy alright; he's slow, old and without a big punch. Price scores easy KO here.

Comment

Working...
                    X