No announcement yet.

Pinoy Prospects not Mercito Gesta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinoy Prospects not Mercito Gesta

Pac is nearing retirement. Donaire is 29 years old and moving up in weight; who knows how that works out. There are a lot of *******s to for someone to attract.

Gesta is a prospect that I think might struggle in the lightweight division. Good pinoy boxers above bantamweight are slim pickings. The following are a few of my fave Pinoy prospects. Fellow pinoys feel free to add to the list.

Milan Melindo won 25 (KO 9) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 25
    : not much power but pretty skilled

Sylvester Lopez won 18 (KO 14) + lost 3 (KO 0): I thought he beat Goofy Montes, recently beat Oscar Ibarra

Genesis Servania won 16 (KO 5) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 16
    : best Pinoy prospect above 118. not much power though.

Get Servania to Roach and Ariza ASAP. I like Frolan Saludar and Marvin Sonsona.

Comment

Originally posted by Filo View Post
      Get Servania to Roach and Ariza ASAP. I like Frolan Saludar and Marvin Sonsona.
      Froilan Saludar has power but seems to lack defense but then again he knocks cats out too quick for me to see his defense lol. He has a good trainer in Bobby Villaver who has championship experience. But Gelloani will rush him the same way he did Sonsona. I hope Sonsona matures mentally as I think he still has potential.

Roach likes Lorenzo Villanueva but at 26, he's might be too flawed to fix. Roach needs to fix him quick.

I think Genesis Servania is a future star of Philippine boxing. At 21 he is well rounded... I don't think Freddie Roach will have the best style for him maybe Mayweather Sr (lol) or Pedro Luis. I would like to see Genesis develop more as a boxer/counter puncher. He's too aggressive for someone that doesn't seem to have much power.
      Last edited by AdamantiumPI; 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.. i'm interested in this Servania character

Comment

I always thought the best of the bunch is a kid by the name of jason pagara. Couldnt be anymore than 20yrs old, raw, and still has glaring holes in his game. But the kid has tremendous upside and is huge for a lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            I always thought the best of the bunch is a kid by the name of jason pagara. Couldnt be anymore than 20yrs old, raw, and still has glaring holes in his game. But the kid has tremendous upside and is huge for a lightweight.
            Just watched his fight against Gallegos.. nice comeback

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
              Froilan Saludar has power but seems to lack defense but then again he knocks cats out too quick for me to see his defense lol. He has a good trainer in Bobby Villaver who has championship experience. But Gelloani will rush him the same way he did Sonsona. I hope Sonsona matures mentally as I think he still has potential.

Roach likes Lorenzo Villanueva but at 26, he's might be too flawed to fix. Roach needs to fix him quick.

I think Genesis Servania is a future star of Philippine boxing. At 21 he is well rounded... I don't think Freddie Roach will have the best style for him maybe Mayweather Sr (lol) or Pedro Luis. I would like to see Genesis develop more as a boxer/counter puncher. He's too aggressive for someone that doesn't seem to have much power.
              Lorenzo Villanueva is like the marcos maidana of the philippines; has a lot of power, very aggressive with a lot of heart, but is limited in terms of boxing skills. Roach said that Lorenzo learns fast and is disciplined so we'll see how much he improves under Roach though.

That Servania guy is not bad too..also Froilan Saludar seems like a really promising pinoy prospect also.

Comment

The best phillipino prospect is AJ Banal

Comment

I'm not sold on Gesta. He's a knockout waiting to happen. He keeps his hands too low and I've always disliked his cockiness.

Pagara's too slow in my opinion.

I think Milan Melindo is the most promising. I just dunno if he can sustain his stamina when facing a difficult and tough opponent as almost all ALA boxers do.

Comment

Melindo is a featherfisted skilled boxer. If he is successful he will go by way that Calderon went.

Comment

Working...
                    X