Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Booth explains Wladimirs ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another idea Booth tabled a while back was fighting the winner of Vitali-Solis:

http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/01...haye-vs-vitali

Booth answers Warren and talks Haye vs Vitali
    Posted on Jan 15, 2011

David Haye’s trainer and manager Adam Booth calls fellow promoter Frank Warren’s recent criticism of himself a ‘compliment’.

The Hayemaker man was labelled the ‘most difficult person in boxing’ by Frank Warren after negotiations for a British super-middleweight title fight between James DeGale and George Groves broke down earlier this week.

And an unperturbed Booth told the Daily Express, ‘For Dereck Chisora’s promoter, Frank Warren, to call me the hardest person to deal with in boxing, I take it as a compliment.’

Booth was speaking about failed negotiations with Wladimir Klitschko, after the three-division champ opted to face British heavyweight titleholder Dereck Chisora instead of WBA man David Haye, and went on to confirm that Haye could face the winner of the Vitali Klitschko-Odlanier Solis bout on March 19.

‘I just hope Vitali has a bigger set of man jewels than his brother, who should go into politics and work as a spin-doctor.

‘The Wladimir Klitschko fight is dead in the water. He didn’t want it, simple as that, but David Haye’s career does not revolve around him.

‘Vitali Klitschko’s fight with Solis for the WBC title is interesting because, if Vitali wins, David would love to take him on.

‘If Solis wins, it will be a rematch of their fight in the World Amateur Championships, where Solis won and David took the silver. That would be a great fight,’ said Booth.
    This was just a couple weeks ago and makes more sense timetable wise than a fight with Wlad, so who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Adam Booth is one of the biggest ****s in boxing. A complete prick.

Booth = No Truth
      I like it, rhymes good.

Comment

Originally posted by British Pride View Post
        Its Wlad....He's been caught in the lie that exposes him. Saying all this time he'll face Haye on July 2nd when Adamek has actually signed to face him.
        I think Wlad is to blame this time too. He claimed he's free to fight July 2nd and then goes on to sign a fight with Adamek in September. Wtf?? I don't why people haven't been calling him out on this.
        Last edited by Rocky Rode; 02-08-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
          I think Wlad is too blame this time too. He claimed he's free to fight July 2nd and then goes on to sign a fight with Adamek in September. Wtf?? I don't why people haven't been calling him out on this.
          The Adamek fight is against either Klitschko. I dont get why ******s dont understand this

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            I think Wlad is too blame this time too. He claimed he's free to fight July 2nd and then goes on to sign a fight with Adamek in September. Wtf?? I don't why people haven't been calling him out on this.
            Do you simply have no idea what you're talking about? Or are you just trying to be a jerk by misrepresenting the facts on purpose?

Adamek and Wlad did not sign to fight each other. Adamek signed a contract to fighter "either Klitschko".

The reason for that is because Wlad would prefer to fight Haye and leave Adamek for Vitali.

However, the reason that Wlad vs. Adamek has been publicized as the likely match up is because everyone involved knows that the chances of Haye sacking up and agreeing to fight Wlad are slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Do you simply have no idea what you're talking about? Or are you just trying to be a jerk by misrepresenting the facts on purpose?

Adamek and Wlad did not sign to fight each other. Adamek signed a contract to fighter "either Klitschko".

The reason for that is because Wlad would prefer to fight Haye and leave Adamek for Vitali.

However, the reason that Wlad vs. Adamek has been publicized as the likely match up is because everyone involved knows that the chances of Haye sacking up and agreeing to fight Wlad are slim to none.
              Hitman ur a bender but ur spot on here

Comment

The Adamek fight is against either Klitschko. I dont get why ******s dont understand this
                Unless Wlad gets injured it's going to be him. That's why he's come out with that BS take it or leave July 2nd statement this week, he knows Haye can't accept and he doesn't want to negotiate a fight later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by British Pride View Post
                  Adam Booth has told Sky Sports News he is 'sick and tired' of dealing with the 'arrogant' Klitschkos, saying they are further away than ever of agreeing to fight David Haye.

Wladimir Klitschko insisted on Monday that he is ready to fight Haye on July 2 in a heavyweight unification fight, despite both men facing title defences in the interim.

But Haye's trainer and manager says negotiations are not even close to being completed and cited Team Klitschko's 'arrogance' as a major stumbling block to staging the potential blockbuster.

"David and me are tired of the publicity that Klitschko keeps continuing to spout," Booth said.

"I haven't heard anything from the Klitschkos since the new year when they told me they were going to be fighting Dereck Chisora next instead of David, after having giving them everything they wanted.

"(It was) a total waste of time, we never got to the contract stage and it's so far from being a completed deal because they were looking for any reason not to make the fight last time we negotiated.

"They said 50-50 we said 'fine', even though David brings more to the table, they said it has to be on RTL even though RTL would pay less than our German broadcaster, so we said 'fine', how much are you putting into the pot from RTL, and they say 'we're not telling you'.

"It's one-upmanship publicity and it's just a bit tedious and a bit tiring as far as i'm concerned.

"That's the kind of logic you get when you're dealing with that level of arrogance."

Booth insisted Haye is happy to get in the ring with the WBO and IBF champion but will not shirk his responsibilities as the WBA title holder.

"David is a WBA champion and if they think the WBA are going to let their championship sit and rot on the shelf, while he goes about his business, that's just another indication of how arrogant they are," he added.

"They don't know how to negotiate a 50-50 fight because they've never been involved in one.

"He had 50-50, walking out second, being in the red corner...David just wanted to get into the ring.

"Even then he said, no thanks we're going to fight Dereck Chisora. Then he came out with excuses like it was Sky's fault for not pushing Amir Khan's fight around.

"The level of arrogance is unbelievable and we're sick and tired it. If he wants the fight, get into the ring with David next.

"David's fighting in May, Wladimir's fighting in April. That gives David enough time to fight in October, if Wladimir wants to get in the ring with him.

"But the negotiations we had last time was the first time I believed he doesn't want to get in the ring with David."
                  This makes the most sense. The July 2nd date puts Haye at a huge disadvantage because he will be fighting on 6 weeks rest while Wlad will have a bit more than 2 months. The simple solution is to forget about July 2, have both guys fight there mandatories in the spring, and schedule October.

Comment

I am pretty sure they understand it but simply prefer to act like a **** by purposely misunderstanding.

I don't understand the Haye apologists. They seem to genuinely desire Haye to retire undefeated off a string of pointless fights instead of having to risk the chances of Haye losing and no longer having a reason to get on boxingscene to act like ****s.

What is even more annoying though is when they say he could sell over a million PPV's and then insist that it would have nothing to do with the Klitschko name.

In the US fans have long had the opinion that mismatched fights on PPV are bad for the sport and they have rallied against nonsence PPV broadcasts like Mosley-Mora.

In the UK though Haye's fans seem genuinely thrilled that they have to pay to watch him fight Audley Harrison because it gives them ammunition to go on the internet and brag about how much money their man makes whilst bilking his fans out of hard earned cash.

Part of the reason I have always liked the Klitschkos is because they have always conducted their television deals in a way that allows for the maximum amount of fans to view their fights for minimal cost. They have never desired to be PPV attractions, yet they have stilled managed to make huge sums of money for quite a long time.

If there were more fighters like the Klitschkos who were more concerned with allowing all fans access to their fights than worrying about how much money they could squeeze out of them the sport would be much better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

I guess it's the latter, because I'm not buying the "either Klitschko" contract. I see Wlad fighting Adamek in September.

Regardless, why didn't both of the Klits sign a contract to fight Adamek on July 2nd? I mean Vitali is fighting in March and Wladimir claims he can fight 5 weeks after Chisora. Both Klits are available that date. Adamek is fighting a week before Wlad, so that makes it more fair for Wlad (if he ends up fighting Adamek), yet the fight is still going to be in September. Why is that?

Comment

Working...
                      X