B-HOP vs PAVLIK
      JONES vs RUIZ
      WRIGHT vs MOSLEY
      CALZAGHE vs B-HOP
      GOLDEN BOY vs CHAVEZ Sr.
      GATTI vs WARD

Comment

Pacquiao over Barrera in 2003.

Hopkins fought a couple of masterpieces against Trinidad and Pavlik. Another great performance against Tarver as well. You can bring up Hopkins's age and then the wins over Pavlik and Tarver becomes more impressive. Ignoring the winner's age and simply looking and dominance, the quality of opposition, and weight, then Pacquiao-Barrera is #1.

Hopkins dominated Trinidad, but it was Tito's 2nd fight @ 160 (although Tito looked great in the 1st fight @ 160) against a guy who spent almost his whole career at 160.

Mayweather's performance against Corrales was amazing, but despite being a very good fighter, Chico is no Barrera.

Calzaghe dominated Lacy, but Lacy is no Corrales, let alone a Barrera. I was actually more impressed by Joe's win over Kessler. Kessler is a very good fighter, much more proven and skilled than Lacy.

Forrest over Mosley was another great win, as was Mosley over DLH in fight #1.

But Pac-MAB 1 is the only one I can think of where a guy moved up in weight to beat an ATG/or second tier great in or close to his prime and completely dominated.

Comment

Oh ****...

How did I forget Forrest-Mosley I.

That was a 100% crush for Forrest. I thought that fight was going to be stopped from the rocket-like rights to the head in the second, and from that hellacious body attack in the 10th I believe it was.

He won every round but one against a prime, undefeated, P4P #1 fighter.

I would put this win at #2 on the last decade.

Pacquiao-Barrera ranks #3.

I am just too impressed by the fact that two undefeated fighter fought at their career weight. One was P4P #5, had never been down and was known as a cold-blooded killing knockout artist at the weight. The other was P4P #7, slick as can be, and had a decent punch to go with it. Pick 'em fight, right?

No dice. Instead Mayweather lands somewhere in the ballpark of 225 punches, while Corrales was only able to throw somewhere around 200. Mayweather landed shots more frequently than Corrales threw them. Add in the fact that he won every single round by a landslide, dropped Corrales five times, and made his corner retire him from bout. I think it is the clear #1 of the last decade.

Comment

Working...
          X