Which Floyd do you prefer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Floyd do you prefer?

Pre fight Floyd or post fight Floyd?

I saw the fight with someone who normally watches UFC has not much interests in boxing. They havent been watching UFC for long but he had no knowledge of the boxing world. I told him about Hatton and Floyd and that Hatton really had no chance with Floyd so he knew what to expect. Of course, I didnt expect Hatton to be knocked out. Anyway, he was really impressed with Floyd during the fight but AFTER is were he said he REALLY could be a fan of Floyd because of the way he conducted himself after the fight. This leads me to believe that if Floyd was Post fight Floyd 24/7, his following would match his boxing ability. He would be a much bigger star. I know I wouldnt hate on him as much (even though I feel he is p4p #1). Even my girl who HATES Floyd was shocked and shares the same sentiment.
    Pre fight Floyd?
    10.81%
    Post fight floyd?
    89.19%

i voted post, but i really dont have a preference as to which floyd i prefer, cuz i know the pre fight floyd is all an act, and probly the post fight is an act as well. im sure his real personality is somewhere in the middle, but i could care less about that. but if i had to pick one to hang out with, def post...

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Pre fight Floyd or post fight Floyd?

I saw the fight with someone who normally watches UFC has not much interests in boxing. They havent been watching UFC for long but he had no knowledge of the boxing world. I told him about Hatton and Floyd and that Hatton really had no chance with Floyd so he knew what to expect. Of course, I didnt expect Hatton to be knocked out. Anyway, he was really impressed with Floyd during the fight but AFTER is were he said he REALLY could be a fan of Floyd because of the way he conducted himself after the fight. This leads me to believe that if Floyd was Post fight Floyd 24/7, his following would match his boxing ability. He would be a much bigger star. I know I wouldnt hate on him as much (even though I feel he is p4p #1). Even my girl who HATES Floyd was shocked and shares the same sentiment.
      Floyd Senior

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        i voted post, but i really dont have a preference as to which floyd i prefer, cuz i know the pre fight floyd is all an act, and probly the post fight is an act as well. im sure his real personality is somewhere in the middle, but i could care less about that. but if i had to pick one to hang out with, def post...
        Exactly my thoughts... it is all part of his promotional plan. Attracting people for the fight before the fight, and trying to attract people to him (for his future fights) after the fight.

Comment

Pre fight.

Pre fight Floyd brings popularity back to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            Exactly my thoughts... it is all part of his promotional plan. Attracting people for the fight before the fight, and trying to attract people to him (for his future fights) after the fight.
            but the response seems to be for the POST fight Floyd. I know ALOT of people who don't care to watch any fights of Floyd BECAUSE of how he is pre fight. These are casual fans. Casual fans MAKE boxing.

Comment

I like the Floyd from about 4 years ago.. he was Charismatic.. and Funny.. and somewhat humble... But no one noticed that Floyd..

Comment

Post fight Floyd.

Crazy.. I actually used to think Mayweather was serious during pre-fight interviews/press conference etc. He does bring excitement to boxing 'cause a lot of people wants him to lose including me. I became a fan after the Hatton fight, tho. He's just too good when he fights toe-to-toe.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  but the response seems to be for the POST fight Floyd. I know ALOT of people who don't care to watch any fights of Floyd BECAUSE of how he is pre fight. These are casual fans. Casual fans MAKE boxing.
                  Well yes, him being nice is sweet... but I always know that that is the real Floyd, so it doesn't bother me.

Some of the **** that Floyd says is funny, but he only has one volume of ****-talking it seems like... it is a little too constant.

Comment

Floyd's not the greatest trash talker in that he gets boring very quickly. I had a bunch of mates round to watch the fight on Saturday and they ALL wanted Hatton to decapitate him, so I reckon he did a bloody good job bringing interest to the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X