Why do people really want to see ggg VS Canelo so bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Wow. Good breakdown, man.
    Thank you. The history of the sanctioning bodies has been a lifelong passion of mine. There have been so many shady moves that fans either don't remember or haven't been watching long enough to know about. There are probably plenty of posters here that have no idea Oscar De La Hoya headlined HBO for the vacant IBA "world" championship and he was announced as a "five time world champion" after winning the title.

Every time Bob Arum loses control, he props up another organization. He's the #1 reason the IBF exists, the #1 reason the WBO exists, and came very close to getting all the major players to pull out of the IBF in favor of the IBA. And the networks go along with it because they want title fights. It's up to the fans to say stop the madness and just go back to only recognizing the original titles.

I'd love to see one organization or even two recognized, believe me. Just goes to show that the promoters control everything in boxing. It takes something away from it.
    Our best hope is Haymon gaining a monopoly so boxing can have one clear top title the way MMA does with UFC.

Otherwise, you could merge the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO tomorrow and it wouldn't matter because Arum would just hop in bed with the IBO and HBO would suddenly recognize the IBO. So as long as multiple factions have TV and financing, you will have multiple titles.

But if Haymon is successful in squeezing HBO out of the business, it's checkmate. We'll finally have 1 recognized major title in the US and then Haymon will build more overseas alliances. Sure the alphabelts will survive in Germany, etc, but there won't be enough money for all of them to survive.

IBA, WBU, etc eventually go away because there's just not enough money to make it worth it.

Let's not forget that when Americans start grabbing up the WBO titles too, Europe just started recognizing the WBU. TV networks are always going to want champions.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      Thank you. The history of the sanctioning bodies has been a lifelong passion of mine. There have been so many shady moves that fans either don't remember or haven't been watching long enough to know about. There are probably plenty of posters here that have no idea Oscar De La Hoya headlined HBO for the vacant IBA "world" championship and he was announced as a "five time world champion" after winning the title.

Every time Bob Arum loses control, he props up another organization. He's the #1 reason the IBF exists, the #1 reason the WBO exists, and came very close to getting all the major players to pull out of the IBF in favor of the IBA. And the networks go along with it because they want title fights. It's up to the fans to say stop the madness and just go back to only recognizing the original titles.

Our best hope is Haymon gaining a monopoly so boxing can have one clear top title the way MMA does with UFC.

Otherwise, you could merge the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO tomorrow and it wouldn't matter because Arum would just hop in bed with the IBO and HBO would suddenly recognize the IBO. So as long as multiple factions have TV and financing, you will have multiple titles.

But if Haymon is successful in squeezing HBO out of the business, it's checkmate. We'll finally have 1 recognized major title in the US and then Haymon will build more overseas alliances. Sure the alphabelts will survive in Germany, etc, but there won't be enough money for all of them to survive.

IBA, WBU, etc eventually go away because there's just not enough money to make it worth it.

Let's not forget that when Americans start grabbing up the WBO titles too, Europe just started recognizing the WBU. TV networks are always going to want champions.
      Green K for you, brother. You could write a book on this stuff. Hey, if Haymon can do it, I'd love to see it and would praise him from here on out for cleaning things up. I hope it happens.

I also have to say that I might have been a jerk in past threads. I told myself that you took the alphabet thing too seriously when no one cares. I don't think that's the case though. You really do have it figured out and while I don't think you like the system either, you make a great proposal at cleaning it up on top of understanding the crooked history behind it. Excellent attention to detail, friend. You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        I don't get it?

What's the infatuation with wanting Canelo to move up so bad?

It's not like there's an argument for p4p #1 a stake for them. They've fought in different weight classes forever. There's no "REAL" beef between them.

What is it?

Is it because it's a legacy fight?

Or is it for the money?
        Canelo talked all that tough guy **** and then ducked GGG TWICE. He vacated his MW title because he supposedly wasn't ready for 160 but now he's fighting Chavez Jr above 160lbs. He already moved up.
        It's not even "moving up" because all he's doing is cutting less weight.
        He's still talking **** and he needs a life changing beat down. That's why it needs to happen.
        Canelo is a f@gg0t and he needs his ass kicked.

Comment

Lmao!

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Exactly. When Canelo won that WBC belt GGG was the mandatory challenger.

Then came feel my balls, we don't **** around in Mexico doe. Put the gloves on right now doe

Comment

The two best fighters in the middleweight region, both with beautifully violent styles, and two of the biggest names in the sport. How could you not want this fight? It would be great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              What's the infatuation with wanting Canelo to move up so bad?
              You mean move down. He vacated his light middle strap and his next fight is at super middle. Plus he weighs like 175 lbs in the ring. 160 (or above) is where he belongs. He might be better without cutting so much weight, his engine might be stronger and his feet less lethargic

Comment

Because it would have been a middleweight unification bout and the fight would be awesome? Is this thread serious?

Comment

WTF kind of post is this? Are you just ****ing with people?

It is a high level p4p matchup between two of the best fighters in boxing and is also one of the biggest moneymaking fights in boxing. Who the **** doesn't want to see it???

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Who the **** doesn't want to see it???
                    Canelo fans and 'Lil g' haters

Comment

• I don't what your deal is, but this thread and your responses within are really sad. Whether you're trolling or just that bitter about the chance of this fight happening and Golovkin winning, I don't know, but either way you sound like a scared fanboy.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 02-23-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X