No announcement yet.

Corrales not in the hall yet Gatti has been in for years died the same year WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I'm not gonna go over the whole corrales thing, if you want to be delusional and think he was elite, thats up to you.

As for Naz, he was one of the most popular figures in the sport, during the age of true stars in Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield and Oscar. So I don't see how he was not beloved. People tuned him to watch him and no, it wasnt because he was a villain. They tuned in because they knew they were going to get a show.

I agree with the other two points, none of which negate the fact that he should of been in the HOF a lot earlier and a number of voters repeatedly voted for him too.

However, Gatti's inclusion in the HOF has devalued a once integral historic institution in this sport.
    by definition he was elite. All time great and being elite and one of the best of your era are not the same thing

1.(often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
    (used with a plural verb) persons of the highest class:
    Only the elite were there.

he won the ibf and wbo at 130 and the ring/lineal and unified belts at 135 i believe wbo/wbc

he was elite bro......dont change the meaning for words as you see fit. he was top 3 in both divisions and the only fight he fought that he didnt defeat was an all time great in mayweather and a career welterweight in clottey

Comment

So.....Always meaning to ask about Corrales. I mentioned earlier that he was a boxer puncher. He was successful with this. Then he switched to an inside fighter as he went up in weight.

Does anyone know why? He was too skinny for that kind of infighting. He got walloped by Joshua Clottey, who had no ring movement at all. But getting in front of Clottey was disastrous.

Comment

Gatti was a very special case, an exception to the rule. Personally, I think it's a huge joke he got in, but regardless there is no way corrales deserves to be in. I think some of the posters in here are trying to boost corrales, because he's big bros second best win lol....

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
          So.....Always meaning to ask about Corrales. I mentioned earlier that he was a boxer puncher. He was successful with this. Then he switched to an inside fighter as he went up in weight.

Does anyone know why? He was too skinny for that kind of infighting. He got walloped by Joshua Clottey, who had no ring movement at all. But getting in front of Clottey was disastrous.
          Goosen wanted him to set the pace vs Castillo because he was a slow starter....he didn't fight that way often...post Castillo 2 you could see he was declining vs casamayor and Clottey

I think his most complete performance was the 2nd Casamyor fight....he outboxed the boxer

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            this is pathetic...chico deserves it...2 weight champion...many exciting fights, arguably won the greatest come back in boxing history and lightweight title fight

had great power, heart and very good skills

The IBHOF should just be called the popularity hall of fame
            corales and gatti are not hall of fame boxers.

gatti only got in because of his death and his fan friendly legendary fights with ward.

corrales is not HOF.

neither is gatti.

just because other people got in who didnt really deserve it, doesnt mean we let everybody in because they fought floyd and you want to prop up floyd's greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Haha. When you have nothing else, play the social justice card. Loaded, what's gotten into you? Really.
              Hey, even I get to have some fun now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                corales and gatti are not hall of fame boxers.

gatti only got in because of his death and his fan friendly legendary fights with ward.

corrales is not HOF.

neither is gatti.

just because other people got in who didnt really deserve it, doesnt mean we let everybody in because they fought floyd and you want to prop up floyd's greatness.

corrales was most certainly ATG.......the guy beat Freitas in whats a great but so UNDERRATED win. it was a GREAT win for chico. boxing had a underrated fab 5 going on at the time with corrales, Casamayor, mayweather, castillo, Freitas.

corrales beat 3 of of the 4 in back and fourth wars. if you don't think those 5 names are a heavy heavy list I'd argue you're on crack. freitas himself after being knocked out by chico went on to win another world title beating Zahir Raheem after raheem had just totally trashed and schooled Erik Morales. NONE of you recognize that win from freitas & payed 0 attention to it.

chico's resume and accomplishment is what a hall of fame fighter is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Hey, even I get to have some fun now and then.

LOL.

What a guy.

Comment

this is pathetic...chico deserves it...2 weight champion...many exciting fights, arguably won the greatest come back in boxing history and lightweight title fight

I know that the hall has fighters in it that people will question. Every hall of fame has them.

Maybe you question Gatti. I consider Gatti one of those borderline guys but he is a three weight champion and he was in great great fights his whole career. I'm glad he's in.

As far as Corales he a very good fighter but hes barely borderline if that. He was in some very good fights and had and amazing fight with Castillo. But outside of his big win vs Castillo he came up short in his step up fights He took a huge lopsided loss to Floyd and loss twice to Casamayor and got beat up Clottey. Corrales a very good fighter never went on a long run ever of defending his title and lost when he stepped up to the elite. He could compete with the elite but never overcome them.

Comment

If any Sacramento, Ca fighter gets in the Hall it shouldn't be Corrales. Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it way more than Corrales does. Lopez was part of a Fight of the Year with his title win over Rocky Lockridge. Fought a draw with Hall of Famer Brian Mitchell. And was selected as a Comaback Fighter of the Year. He was in way more exciting fights than Corrales and won the title three times in multiple weights. So Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it more the Corrales.

You just like Corrales because he fought your God Mayweather and it makes Mayweather look better in your eyes if Corrales is in the Hall. But Corrales who is a good fighter doesn't deserve it.

Tony the Tiger Lopez deserves it WAY more.

Comment

Working...
                      X