Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Has No Issue With Ward-Kovalev Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Sanchez how kovalev only won 1 round out of the last 18 on the judges scorecards and that round was the 12th and at the time that judge had ward 2 rounds up so the one round that kovalev won out of the last 18 was meaningless!!!! LOL

Ward was dropped, fought off the back foot, spoilt a lot, was given pretty much every close round, btw kovalev clearly won 10 but not on any scorecards, ward was told by his corner after round 9 to stop giving away rounds yet he won that round on all scorecards, the fight result is total BS

Then there is the fact that kovalev had his belts taken on that sort of a result, with the rematch ward will need to be KD at least twice or stopped, no other way to beat him in the states, any sort of close rounds and ward will definitely take most if not all

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Redd Foxx, I agree that going back and changing round scores is not an option. But the principle you are talking about could be applied on a round by round basis and would solve the dilemma referred to by the other 2 guys I'm quoting here.

Awarding even rounds to the defending champ, by default, has a precedent - sort of - in US boxing. At one time, world titles could not be won on points, only retained. In other words, the challenger had to stop the champ to take his title away.

Awarding even rounds to the champion, by default, would be applying that same principle, but in a less extreme form.

Re what Abel is saying here - I would agree with him, except for the scoring of the 10th round. Kovalev won that round clearly, and if the judges had scored it correctly, he would have also won the fight. But all 3 judges gave the 10th round to Ward. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
      i also gave the 10th round to ward & had no bias.....ward actually won the 10th round. what are u gonna do? fight was razor close. you could only have it for kovalov by 1 point or ward by one point. why the robbery & b*tching? fight was that close & we're getting a rematch to settle everything your dreams and hearts desire. where is the robbery coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
        i also gave the 10th round to ward & had no bias.....ward actually won the 10th round. what are u gonna do? fight was razor close. you could only have it for kovalov by 1 point or ward by one point. why the robbery & b*tching? fight was that close & we're getting a rematch to settle everything your dreams and hearts desire. where is the robbery coming from?
        no way ward won the 10th round, no way

also, after the 9th wards corner shouted at him to stop giving away rounds!! he lost the 9th too, the 8th was very close as was the 12th, man what a robbery, ward just needs to stay standing and make a few rounds close to win

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Haha we both felt Kovalov clearly won round 10.
          Lol. Even you think so!

Boxing judges are not perfect. They are human beings, and human beings do make mistakes and get things wrong, from time to time. But for all 3 judges to make the same mistake, at such a crucial point in the fight, with Ward needing every one of the last 3 rounds to win ... to me, that was dodgy, VERY dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
            I honestly don't understand how you could give the 10th to Ward, when Kovalev was coming forward, throwing more, and clearly - to me - landing more punches.

Whether there is a rematch or not doesn't alter my opinion of that 10th round.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Lol. Even you think so!

Boxing judges are not perfect. They are human beings, and human beings do make mistakes and get things wrong, from time to time. But for all 3 judges to make the same mistake, at such a crucial point in the fight, with Ward needing every one of the last 3 rounds to win ... to me, that was dodgy, VERY dodgy.
              AGAIN I had Kovalov WINNING. How did you score that fight again??? And not total. Let's see some rounds! I can always use a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                no way ward won the 10th round, no way

also, after the 9th wards corner shouted at him to stop giving away rounds!! he lost the 9th too, the 8th was very close as was the 12th, man what a robbery, ward just needs to stay standing and make a few rounds close to win
                I'm not saying the result was fixed, but IF it was, then nobody could have told Hunter and Ward about it. Because yeah, Virgil was looking anxious in the corner, and Andre seemed more surprised than anybody when the verdict was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  AGAIN I had Kovalov WINNING. How did you score that fight again??? And not total. Let's see some rounds! I can always use a good laugh.
                  I've watched it twice, and second viewing I had it closer than when I watched it live .. 7 - 5 to Kovalev. I didn't record the rounds, just scored them and kept tally in my head.

7 - 5 is too close for me to be screaming robbery. Like I said, it's just the 10th round that sticks in my craw. And the fact that, if the judges had given it to Kovalev, he would have won the fight on their cards.

Comment

People still saying the judges were corrupt?

If they were corrupt they would have all given Ward rounds 3,4,5 which were close. They didn't.

If they were corrupt they would have had Ward ahead going in to the 12 because what if Kovalev had a massive round? They didn't.

Comment

Lol his opinion but I picked Ward to win beforehand and what I saw is a Kovalev victory!

Split the rounds a draw or even it up and plus Kov KD is +2 = 7-5 Kov

Whats the other 2 rounds SOG won past 6? He cleared all rounds past 6 easily and clearly won no argument hands down???

I've watched it 6 times now, GREAT fight and would love to see both great fighters tango again!

Comment

Working...
                      X