Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who cares what the pig has to say, james toneys right about him

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      At the end of the day, GGG fans feel that he had a great year, PBC fans feels that they had a great year, GB fans feel that they had a great year. All fans complain are bias and don't see the big picture. so, yeah it's just an opinion to me.
      While this is true to some extent its hard to argue against Fat Dan's overall stance, this wasn't a great year for boxing fans in the US.

Canelo, the face of boxing now, basically took the whole year off with bs fights. GGG vs Canelo, arguably the biggest fight to make in the sport right now was all lined up to happen & didn't happen. Wilder vs Povektin didn't happen. Klitschko vs Fury II didn't happen. Loma didn't get the bigger fight most wanna see him in nor be very active once again. Danny Garcia basically took the year off. Thurman, one of the rising names in the sport, only fought once. Rigo...**** I'm a Rigo fan & I'm not even sure what he did in 2016 off the top of my head. BJS is sitting on his title. There are a ton of notable boxer who've done lil to nothing this year or certainly they operated at a low % of what was possible for the year.

And thats not to say there wasn't anything good that happened this year, but its been a few or fair between thing to be excited about whats about to happen & its been more of the guys on the come up making moves than the guys who are already up.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-23-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Basically, you get all the black guys hating on Dan for the way he treats PBC and you'll get the mexicano fanso n here because he is calling it how it is with Canelo. In both cases, he is 100% right. He even has a go with HBO but the thing is, HBO has tried their best to put on some good fights at the very least, where as PBC has been happy keeping it's top guys apart for as long as possible.

Anyway, PBC, GBP, HBO, SHOW bla bla bla, it doesnt matter and what matters is the lists of fights we never got and the lack of activity for so many top fighters.

Its taken till the end of the year to get Kov v Ward, we're still waiting for Kov v Stevenson. GGG v Canelo seems like a pipe dream, Saunders is sitting on his fat mank arse. Fury ****ed up the biggest rematch in many, many years. Wlad and AJ have clashed on date issues rather than in the ring. We might just get DeGale v Jack but not without an 18 month build up, which is ridiculous to say the least. Rigo is still treading water, Brook and khan featured in mismatches rather than fight each other and even though Haymon controls 2 of the 4 belts at 147, his champions are more likely to fight the village idiot than each other.

I thought 2015 was bad and I got told 2016 would up the game because last year was transition. This has been even worse. The trend where top guys are fighting once a year is worse than the trend when they were fighting twice a year and when it takes 2 years just to make average fights, you know **** is not going to get better. American TV audiences, promoters and networks are the most powerful in the sport but they have all worked together to almost kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          While this is true to some extent its hard to argue against Fat Dan's overall stance, this wasn't a great year for boxing fans in the US.

Canelo, the face of boxing now, basically took the whole year off with bs fights. GGG vs Canelo, arguably the biggest fight to make in the sport right now was all lined up to happen & didn't happen. Wilder vs Povektin didn't happen. Klitschko vs Fury II didn't happen. Loma didn't get the bigger fight most wanna see him in nor be very active once again. Danny Garcia basically took the year off. Thurman, one of the rising names in the sport, only fought once. Rigo...**** I'm a Rigo fan & I'm not even sure what he did in 2016 off the top of my head. BJS is sitting on his title. There are a ton of notable boxer who've done lil to nothing this year or certainly they operated at a low % of what was possible for the year.

And thats not to say there wasn't anything good that happened this year, but its been a few or fair between thing to be excited about whats about to happen & its been more of the guys on the come up making moves than the guys who are already up.
          Judging by the fact that most people are lashing out over his weight and not actually anything he said I get the feeling a lot of people didn't read the actual article. Hard to disagree it's been a crap year.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Boxing Writers Association of America

http://www.bwaa.org/single-post/2016...NNERS-FOR-2015

"The Boxing Writers Association of America is very proud to announce the winners of its 2015 Bernie Awards, the 15th annual writing contest named after former BWAA President Bernard Fernandez.

This year’s big winner is Boston Herald writer Ron Borges, who won a first in Event Coverage, second in the Column category and a third for Feature Under-1,500 words. He also achieved an honorable mention for News Story.

Other multiple winners included ESPN’s Dan Rafael, who placed second in Event Coverage and third in Feature Under-1,500 words."
            Yeah he's a fat bag of ****.

**** like the above is what's shameful about boxing. Elevating fat slobs to position of importance.

Boxing fans will bemoan certain fightets getting recognition and getting inducted into the HOF, but are happy to elevate the grease balls that sit on the side out of harms way.

I don't care how many BS awards he's won over the years. He is a leach. I have yet to see him use his position to promote local events, amateur tournaments, and the development of gyms.

He's not interested in furthering the sport. His business is the attention available from big events.

Comment

I see mostly Golovkin fans (along with HW fans) pushing this idea that 2016 sucks. Many of the best fights are yet to come this year and several great ones have taken place so far. Please turn off your sets for the remainder of the year if you want to bytch about 2016.

Comment

Working...
              X