No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Shawn Porter 2 for the WBC belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook vs Shawn Porter 2 for the WBC belt

Kell Brook has a fight at 154 on December 8th. He still wants the Amir Khan fight, but he also says he wants a rematch with Errol Spence.

If he wants to get back in the mix at 147, one way for him to make those fights happen would be to pick up the WBC belt by beating Shawn Porter in a rematch, and becoming a welterweight champ again. Porter is fighting Ugas next, and he wants to avenge his other loss (Thurman), but a Brook rematch is more interesting to me.

Would Brook or Porter take that fight? Would it have the same result?

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
    Kell Brook has a fight at 154 on December 8th. He still wants the Amir Khan fight, but he also says he wants a rematch with Errol Spence.

If he wants to get back in the mix at 147, one way for him to make those fights happen would be to pick up the WBC belt by beating Shawn Porter in a rematch, and becoming a welterweight champ again. Porter is fighting Ugas next, and he wants to avenge his other loss (Thurman), but a Brook rematch is more interesting to me.

Would Brook or Porter take that fight? Would it have the same result?
    I think Brook would lose to anyone at 147 now. The damage hes taken plus the weight cut would be a disaster for him. If I were Brooks manager and he wanted to continue his career, Id say stay at 154. A Munguia match or Jeff Horn (if he beats Mundine) would be big pay days.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I think Brook would lose to anyone at 147 now. The damage hes taken plus the weight cut would be a disaster for him. If I were Brooks manager and he wanted to continue his career, Id say stay at 154. A Munguia match or Jeff Horn (if he beats Mundine) would be big pay days.
      The problem is that guys like Hurd, Lara, and Charlo, would all beat Brook easily.

He's between a rock and a hard place because 147 is a hard weight cut, but the 154 guys are all much bigger and stronger than him.

Comment

Kell refuses to sign up to the clean testing program, and Vada. So I don't think he could be allowed to even be ranked by the WBC, much less fight for a belt from them.

That ingle gym, everyone is on PEDs there.

Comment

Working...
        X