Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter as Overrated as the Japanese Sensation Naoyu Inoue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posters should be banned for dumb threads like this.

Inoue is one of the elite fighters in the sport and has accomplished a lot already.

Comment

Vacant title King Paper champ Carl Froch was a lot more over rated then Inoue

Comment

If you've watched him fight, you wouldn't say *****.

There's a reason that people were crapping on me last year for having him in my top 5, and have suddenly gone silent.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Agree completely. Who has he actually beat? Jamie mcdonell is arguably his best win. It's ridiculous the p4p ranking he has and just another example of how on this site it doesn't seem to matter about quality of opposition, as long as you beat somebody in style (it doesnt matter who it is) and pass the eye test. A lot of people on here are gonna look stupid if he doesn't win that wbss cause they've got carried away, in general can we please actually reserve judgement on a fighter until they've fought someone with a pulse cause the hype on here when someone has an 0 is really starting to grate on me.
          so if the three division world champion goes to the finals and loses to Tete, you'd consider him a bum?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            so if the three division world champion goes to the finals and loses to Tete, you'd consider him a bum?
            No but I think some of the comments here are ridiculous, people saying he's elite and someone saying hes pound for pound number 1 when he's not even fought a world class fighter yet or anyone close to world class. Of course he's gonna look good against the type of guys he's fought so far. It's actually disrespectful how people are ranking him ahead of boxers who have proved a hell of a lot more.

Comment

Inoue is overhyped too much tho.

For me, the hype gets real if he actually unified bantamweight division.

Didn't like him too much after he ducked Rungvisai in the Superfly. They were at the same card. Instead of calling out Rungvisai, he took a selfie with him like wtf

He did try getting a fight with Ancajas but the latter duck him. But the problem was he didn't at least try to get a fight with Rungvisai or Yafai. Guess he thinks Ancajas is easy prey. Inoue too scared for the likes of Rungvisai after that scary Chocolatito knockout.

One more thing. Inoue didn't even try unifying with Nietes at light flyweight. Nietes in 2014 had the WBO light flyweight belt while Inoue had the WBC one.

Comment

Looks quality to me, but let's see him beat a real A level fighter before declaring him a top p4p fighter. File next to Crawford. Might pick up belts and look great but you have to beat top fighters to really prove yourself.

Comment

Inoue is definitely overrated. That doesn't mean he isn't good. I think he will probably win the Bantamweight tournament, mostly because I feel the rest of the Bantamweight division is overrated.

By the way, when Nonito Donaire used to fight at Bantamweight, all those years back, people used to say Nonito was a weight bully, so are the current Bantamweights weight bullies since they are about the same size as Donaire?
                  Inoue is entering the ring heavier than Nonito was at Bantamweight. Inoue is entering the ring as heavy as Featherweights. He is big for the weight class.
                  I have seen a video of Inoue with Pacquiao and they were almost the same size. To be fair, maybe it was just the angles, along with other factors that made it look that way.

What I'm saying is that Inoue is benefiting from being big for his weight class. Inoue is more of a Featherweight, at the very least a Super-Bantam, that can make Bantamweight.
                  If he can make Bantamweight I have no problem with him fighting there, but all I'm saying is that he more of a natural Featherweight than Bantamweight.

Just go look at Inoue's sparring sessions against Genesis Servania, Inoue looks just as big as Servania, who is a Featherweight. Inoue actually looks quite strong.
                  Servania was basically the same size as Oscar Valdez and Valdez is considered a good sized Featherweight.
                  I think most would say Valdez is one of the bigger Featherweights at the moment.
                  Valdez enters the ring at 136, which is only a few more pounds than Inoue. Valdez is one of the heavier Featherweights too.

Since Inoue is getting a lot of love recently I know some people won't like my comments, but that's something I've been observing. Inoue fans like to trash other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                    Inoue is overhyped too much tho.

For me, the hype gets real if he actually unified bantamweight division.

Didn't like him too much after he ducked Rungvisai in the Superfly. They were at the same card. Instead of calling out Rungvisai, he took a selfie with him like wtf

He did try getting a fight with Ancajas but the latter duck him. But the problem was he didn't at least try to get a fight with Rungvisai or Yafai. Guess he thinks Ancajas is easy prey. Inoue too scared for the likes of Rungvisai after that scary Chocolatito knockout.

One more thing. Inoue didn't even try unifying with Nietes at light flyweight. Nietes in 2014 had the WBO light flyweight belt while Inoue had the WBC one.
                    the thing with Nietes I believe was due to weight. Inoue was having difficulty staying at light flyweight I believe (understandable since those lower divisions are separated by only like 3lbs each)

As for the Rungvisai thing, I was salavating at the thought of those two fighting each other, but I don't think it was a duck. Likely just more BS boxing politics. I think we still get that match eventually once they are in the same division again (which is ironic since Inoue is a small bantamweight, and Rungvisai is a big superfly)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      As for the Rungvisai thing, I was salavating at the thought of those two fighting each other, but I don't think it was a duck. Likely just more BS boxing politics. I think we still get that match eventually once they are in the same division again (which is ironic since Inoue is a small bantamweight, and Rungvisai is a big superfly)

I dont know man. They were at the same card when Rungvisai fought Choco the second time.

Inoue was calling out Ancajas. But not a word heard from him and his team regarding Rungvisai.

After Estrada fight, Rungvisai called out Inoue. The latter moved up to bantam to avoid the fight from happening.

I'm pretty sure that's a duck. People need to call him out on that man

There was a clamor for Rungvisai vs Inoue. But it's pretty obvious Inoue want none of that work

And now we have threads like this questioning his hype etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X