Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DLH the most successful boxer post boxing career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DLH the most successful boxer post boxing career?

The guy has been retired for almost 10 yrs now and ppl just can’t seem to stop talking about him.

I know he gets alotta hate around here but that’s all part of being world famous. Filthy rich, women, popularity, successful boxing promotion, Oscar has been on one helluva roller coaster.

Despite his crazy behavior at times the guy has been a fuuucking money machine since day 1.

Put you’re hate aside you guys gotta admit Oscar is one ridiculously successful bastard.
    Last edited by kidbazooka; 03-25-2018, 01:52 AM.

Ali , Mayweather and Foreman would all disagree with that statement

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Ali , Mayweather and Foreman would all disagree with that statement
      ali had brain damage tho

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
        ali had brain damage tho
        Yeah for sure

But his team is still able to sell his image for massive $ and his name still hold weight

Many Movies chronicling his life , Adidias deals 20-30 years after retirement , sh.it they named the WBSS trophy after him ,96 Olympic torch bearer he’s become a cultural icon

He is viewed better now as a boxer and a icon then when he fought. In the decade that Oscar been retired his star and earning power off his name have diminished quite a bit and probably continue to do so

Obviously though he wasn’t really able to enjoy it

In a 100 years people will still talk about Ali I highly doubt Oscar the fighter or the brand can do the same

Comment

Floyd is recently retired and is trying to stay relevant by trying to fool ppl into thinking he’s gonna do mma, once Floyd is really retired and done with ppl will rarely talk about him.

Ali I agree

Forman not so much yeah he had his grill but other than that he wasn’t doing much.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Floyd is recently retired and is trying to stay relevant by trying to fool ppl into thinking he’s gonna do mma, once Floyd is really retired and done with ppl will rarely talk about him.

Ali I agree

Forman not so much yeah he had his grill but other than that he wasn’t doing much.

Your probably right that it’s too early to tell with Mayweather but I think his brand , legacy and ability to make $ he will far exceed Oscar

But that Grill made him 100s of millions of dollars you don’t really need to do much after that

Comment

I dunno, obviously DLH was successful in terms of relevance to boxing and financials, but I don't know if you can really call his story a success story when he basically trashed his life with drugs and humiliated himself with those photographs - you know what I'm talking about. Even now it seems like he's in rehab every six months, and sometimes it looks like Hopkins is running Golden Boy more than he is.

Foreman seems to be in a good place now, plus he found a lot of financial success post career thanks to his grill. I hear Larry Holmes got to be successful in business too and seems to be in a pretty decent place also. I'd also suggest Vitali Klitschko, managed to get into a highly influential political placing, even if it is in crisis-struck Ukraine.

Comment

Mike Tyson nearly went belly up, but he's making a ton of money now with a lot of ventures.

Vitali Klitschko has a real solid political career and many lucrative business ventures.

Foreman made a fortune off that damn grill.

Comment

Money wise yes, only one that could rival him is Foreman and maybe eventually Mayweather.

Comment

Mayweather probably got more money right now. Don’t know how long that is going to last with his spending habits.

Ali should have a lot of money as well from merchandising and his name.

Foreman made a bundle off selling grills and other stuff.

If Pacquiao is smart he’s got some business and farms going over in the Philippines. Labor is cheap there he could be making a killing if he’s smart.

Comment

Working...
                    X